I have no servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no servers

My server list hangs at contacting master server. I have a working internet connection.

Whats the problem?

Many people have/have had this problem. Go to http://game-monitor.com and search for CoD4 servers in your country. Copy the IP of one of them, then in CoD4 open the console and type /connect <IP address>

Comment

nevermind it was norton fw

Comment

When you can't connect at all to Master Servers, the problem usually is related to either Anti-Virus, Firewall, or Router issues blocking the connection.

Best thing to do is always disable AV or Firewall apps before playing, or try to alt+tab out of the game when you first try to connect, and see if any of those apps have put up some sort of "Do you want to allow___" overlay.

Comment

Is it safe to play a game without your fire wall turned on?

Comment

The best option is just to have the application allow the game, or open up specific ports for it, but sometimes that doesn't work and you need to kill the firewall.

As for safety...while you're playing the game itself, I don't think there are too many risks. Maybe some other player out there could try to hack you, but if he's skilled enough, your firewall app probably won't be much help anyway.

If your PC is constantly being bombarded with "attacks" however, just sitting there normally or when surfing the web, then disabling the firewall is probably not a good idea.

Comment

Working...
            X