Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper Help - /CG_Fov 80?

Hey guys,

As many of you know, there are some issues with the sniper crosshairs. You can be directly centered on a target while holding your breath, and still have the bullet miss (There is, I believe, no wind speed and such in MP).

Somebody told me to type (in console):
    /cg_fov 80

I did, and it sorta helped, but I found 70 helped a bit more. This changes something with your field of view.

I was wondering if anybody had a confirmed number to change it to, the default is 60, 80 helped a little and 70 a bit more, but I'd like to know what number is the most helpful.

*I'm hoping Whiskey will know.
    Thanks.

I never heard of this.

Comment

I've heard various people complaining about sniper-rifle inaccuracy (haven't tried it myself), but I haven't heard about any FOV changes helping the situation.

A few guys here have said they have no problems with some sniper rifles.

There's always a possibility that FOV could affect it...however, maybe different rifles have differing accuracies, and ping may also be a factor, too.

As far as FOV - you should probably try playing around with it on your own and see what works for you. You may just "think" it helped until you spend more time on it. Try numbers between 60 and 70, as well as numbers higher than 80, too. You should also test this with different rifles.

Comment

Well, the thing is... even on stationary targets with really good ping it often misses, but this has seemed to help.

I'll continue to play around with it. Thanks.

Comment

all fov(field of view) does it widen your view. fov 90 means you can see 90 degrees in front of you. 65 means you can see less to the sides but it will be more zoomed in. most games default at 90 fov. humans have an fov of 180~ degrees.

Comment

That's all FOV is supposed to do, however, in the wacky world of software, sometimes even seemingly innocent commands can have unexpected consequences (eg. capping FPS at 125 or 333 on previous COD's to actually increase jump-height in MP). FOV may, or may not have something to do with the crosshair precision. Can't dismiss it outright without some testing.

Comment

Whiskey, is there any news on this "problem" (Quoted because it only seems to be for some people) being fixed in a later patch?

Comment

No word yet. Not even sure if it's a real problem yet, or what's causing it...some folks are saying the sniper rifles seem nerfed, but others don't seem to have any issues with it. The community needs to investigate it to see if it's a real problem, and point IW in the right direction if it is borked.

Comment

Working...
                X