Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Characters flashing

Hi all,

All characters from the game are flashing when they move and it seems to be related somehow to lighting, don't know...
    I had the same problem in the demo and hoped it was fixed with the full game.
    It's not so i come and ask if anyone else got this and know any issue to this.
    That's really annoying cause it's cancelling a big part of immersive capacity of the game.

Live of the problem

I made soundmix myself for fun, please don't care about it, but look flashing characters

I have an nvidia geforce7900gtx, 2g ram and xpsp2.

ps: sorry for my bad english, and if someone as ever talked about it before, my search results here didn't get any clue.

Problems like this are almost always a result of old video card drivers.

Go to the Nvidia website, and download the latest updated drivers. There is an FAQ on the site if you don't know how to do that.

Comment

download the beta drivers for your graphic card

Comment

Thx, I upgraded just before installing demos of UT3 and COD4 last month and I also saw that beta drivers but i'll not get it until final release...
        I really don't like beta drivers ^^

Are you sure even with latest non nvidia beta drivers it is it ?
        :shock:

Comment

I just upgraded to drivers 163.75 but problem's still there. No one else has ever get that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Duty4-fr View Post
            I just upgraded to drivers 163.75 but problem's still there. No one else has ever get that ?
            The Beta drivers are version 169.04 - give them a try, even though you don't usually like them. If they cause any weird problems, you can always revert back, but Beta's are getting better in their stability as time goes by. They're not as flakey as they used to be.

Comment

Thanks Whiskey and the others, you were right, those drivers seems to have definately fix this.

New issue but out topic of COD4...
              Now I have no more 1600*1024 res for my desktop and it does'nt look as clear as it was.
              There's a way to do a custom res with those drivers but 1600*1024 goes out screen, if someone can explain me wich things I'd have to tweak to get that res back please.

Fixed, had to up to 1600*1050 ... strange thing... anyway it works and now it's not blurry anymore.
              For those who may encouter that problem, see this topic.

Comment

Working...
              X