Stats Getting Reset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats Getting Reset

Is anyone having pthe problem of there stats getting reset everytime the log into COD 4 Multiplayer I dont know what is going on ....

Originally posted by ifunki
    Is anyone having pthe problem of there stats getting reset everytime the log into COD 4 Multiplayer I dont know what is going on ....
    Stats get reset when you play on an unranked server that an admin has set up incorrectly. Basically, the problem is in the file pathways...if they used an incorrect / sign, instead of the proper \ symbol in the directory pathway, the game reads it as an attempted hack and that's where the trouble begins.

Until a patch/fix comes out, stick with ranked servers if you want to be 100% sure. Another thing you can do is before playing on a server, back up your MP profile folder. If your stats get wiped accidentally, you can then just paste it back in and pick up where you left off.

Comment

Thanks whiskey that helped me so much

Comment

Heh, I made a backup of that folder every time I quit playing, just make a shortcut to it on your desktop and a shortcut of a folder you want to save in. Its almost hassle free.

Comment

This just happened to me today, pretty annoying, but hey, at least i know to back up my profile incase it happens again.
          I must have just wandered into an unranked server by accident. Which symbol denotes it as ranked/unranked?

Comment

The 1.1 Patch is supposed to fix this: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=135669

Although I never experienced it prior to the fix anyway

Comment

Humm, i've been using the 1.1 patch

Comment

Working...
              X