Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do arty kills count toward kills needed IAR to get a badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do arty kills count toward kills needed IAR to get a badge?

I need 40+ kills in a round as an Engineer and AT on vanilla and SF maps to get my last expert badges. Their guns suck and I've been trying for weeks now on 16-24 max player servers on 64-sized maps but I could only get 20+ kills IAR.

I know I could probably get these expert badges while on a tank or jet but I really want do it as an Infantry. So my question is - what if I am the commander and while I'm doing my normal killing, could I also drop arty on ppl and would those kills add up towards the kill requirement needed in a round?

For example, I could get 20 kills as an Engineer and hopefully another 20 kills as the Commander and dropping arty (in the same round)... would that work?

Thanks. :salute:

Well i got my vet Air defence badge while sitting in the essex and arting people so if that worked for that badge it should work for your expert enginer..

Comment

I know arty kills counted a several months ago, whether that was taken out with what must be patch 1.41, I don't know. I remember getting a badge whilst sitting in a Chinese AA turret in Daqing Oilfields, watching my arty falling on an enemy chopper trying to take off. I needed two more kills and there were two in the chopper, and just as the chopper was in the air and getting off its landing pad, one massive shell smashed through the rotor blades, giving me the badge...

Comment

Yes they do.

Comment

Use the USMC shotgun on Karkand. One shot kill ftw! Eryx/SRAW is great on IO. Or you could also do some tank whoring.

Who cares about badges anyway...

Comment

I got my vetran badge with a engineer commanding yesterday. So yes it works.

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
              Use the USMC shotgun on Karkand. One shot kill ftw! Eryx/SRAW is great on IO. Or you could also do some tank whoring.

Who cares about badges anyway...
              That only works if you hit them in a certan part and at close rang for the shotgun.

Comment

Originally posted by 7man
                That only works if you hit them in a certan part
                What "certan part "?? I shoot ppl in the chest and they die in one shot.
                Originally posted by 7man
                and at close rang for the shotgun.
                Well no **** Einstein? And i thought i could snipe with a shotgun!

Comment

If you launch artillery into an area, then resign as commander you get 2 points for each kill. Just a little tip if you want to try it out, it should count as a kill.

Comment

I use artillery for heli kills.

Engi shotgun = nerfed. M11-87 was one of my favorite guns. Now it's not nearly as cool.

Comment

You can still rape ppl with it. Its a one shot kill weapon at close range

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                        Use the USMC shotgun on Karkand. One shot kill ftw!
                        Sure, and get killed by the next guy while reloading after every shot. That reloading time on the stock shotgun seems like eternity. Getting 40 kills IAR by using only your stock shotgun is little too confident, or needs a reality check. I got mine with combination of the jackhammer, AT mines and kills from vehicles. The easiest way to get 40+ kills IAR is with arty or by aircraft/tank whoring.

Comment

40 kills IAR with the USMC shotgun is not that hard. Just go on a 32 player Karkand and one shot kill ppl. Its easy

Comment

Working...
                          X