No Prestige mode for PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Prestige mode for PC

I don't know about you guys, but this is news to me. I'm kind of sad about it but I'll still get the game.

Here's fourzerotwo's quote for those who aren't members of charlieoscardelta:

No Prestige Mode on the PC. Unlock the console versions, you are able to play on unranked / modded servers on the PC allowing you to fully unlock and experience anything you like, whenever you like, so the 'bragging rights' of proving you had it all and gave it up because you can isn't the same on the PC, considering you guys can do that at any time, whenever you want.

That page is for members only...

Comment

Sorry, edited for people who aren't members of charlieoscardelta.com.

Comment

That explains why one of my clan members has been stuck at top level for ages, not knowing how to make prestige mode. Well i was kinda looking forward to Prestige Mode

Comment

That sucks, maybe they will implement in a patch?

Comment

Well.. tbh, its.. pointless.

More of an e-peen "prestige" than anything else.

It is of no benefit to anyone, even to the person who chooses to do so..

Comment

i liked the idea, all the time i wanted to start again in BF2142 but didnt want to be looked upon as a new player. The prestige badge would have been a good thing.

Comment

Ugh, now we definitely need harder ranks to achieve...

Comment

Yea they should of made the ranks harder to get, i'm rank 40 after 1 day, only 15 more ranks to go.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                    Well.. tbh, its.. pointless.

More of an e-peen "prestige" than anything else.

It is of no benefit to anyone, even to the person who chooses to do so..
                    But it gives you something to do, I wouldn't do it for the e-peen, but I would just to have more stuff to do on my hands.

Comment

His reasoning is way retarded because most people will never play on unranked servers anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel View Post
                        That explains why one of my clan members has been stuck at top level for ages, not knowing how to make prestige mode. Well i was kinda looking forward to Prestige Mode
                        The game was released on Tuesday. How have they been at top level for "ages"?

Comment

It was a figure of speech i think

Comment

yeah they definetely need to come up with an update to add more ranks or something, kinda like they do for WoW. Maybe add ranks like joint chief, theater commander, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
                              His reasoning is way retarded because most people will never play on unranked servers anyway...
                              Thing is...one of the complaints about ranked and unranked servers is that they "split" the community. BF2 was a classic case - most people played ranked servers so they could keep leveling up, and ignored custom/ranked servers.

In the current COD4 scenario, once people get to lvl 55, many will be steered toward the unranked servers for a new (and hopefully long-lasting) experience once all the cool maps and mods come out. Then, teamwork and winning will matter more than PERSONAL stats. And the lame it's-all-about-me-achievement-whore type of player will either adapt, or leave.

Long-term, I think it could be a good idea. But I do think they should've had Prestige Mode in there to keep people occupied for awhile at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X