newbe's qustion: additional commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbe's qustion: additional commands

I'm playing BF2142 for almost 6 months I reached gold major but still dont know howto:

1. initiate kicking
    2. ask for beacon, ask to follow me, ask to jump out of vehicle and so on.

I really appreciate if someone can drop a link where I may make it clear for myself.

Kicking is only possible if there is no other kick vote going on. Press Tab and Right Click to get your mouse cursor. Click the (I think) Manage Tab and tick the box for the soldier you want to a.) Add as your buddy or b.) Kick.

You can ask for things when you press and hold the T-Button. I guess you know about Q already.

Comment

The comms menu is specific to wether you are on foot or in a vehichle. When on foot 'Q' plus down is 'follow me' but if your in a vehicle it's 'Q' plus down for 'bail out'

Comment

I never even knew you could whisper to players until like 2 weeks ago.

I have still yet to try this feature out.

Comment

to expound on TrooperJac's info. q is for normal comms like what he said. To ask for a beacon, use "T" and select it while in a squad

Comment

One thing I've been wondering- Is there a single-key shortcut for "Bail out!" or a way to bind it to one key?

One thing I'd like to be able to do better is warn guys when I know I'm done for in an air vehicle. I'm a fairly competent evasive flyer, so I'll get people hanging there with me sometimes with pretty heavy damage, which is fine. But then there are those times when I know the jig is up- Gunship is coming back around when I'm already down low, and out of tricks. I'd like to be able warn guys to get out in that case so I can use whatever I've got left to give the bailers a chance to GTFO, and hopefully scatter from the drop zone. I frickin' hate it when 3 passengers die when I'm like, "I have 20 hit points, no more room to maneuver, and the gunship lining me up- What did you think I was going to manage *that* time!" Even worse is seeing some guys get out just in time, only to die too close to the drop zone, and watch the gunship calmly come back in to mop up the survivors... Grrr.

Ideally I could bind it to one of the otherwise un-needed buttons on the base of my joystick....

Comment

yea its not able to get mapped but i wish they had it like in bf vietnam where you can just press the f buttons to get a command.

Comment

ooh this Field marshal just learnt how to whisper ingame =D

Comment

Working...
                X