The Classes (dont own game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Classes (dont own game)

Im really thinking about getting this game and i come from the BF2, Bf2142 and ET:QW background.

I realize in this game you completely customize your class to suit you, but are there such things as the defibs in this game and med packs, ammo packs etc.

Are there some specialized classes designed for healing and reviving players?

The game just sounds too realistic to be able to revive someone in 1 second with a defib.

Nah there's no ammo/medic hubs or defibs.

If you run out of ammo, discard that weapon and pick up one of the many lying around (from corpses). Health wise, when your damaged your screen goes all red and blurry around the outside, it slowly regenerates.

Comment

Could somebody post pics of all the class set-ups so we know what to pick before we hit rank 4?

And nope, no defibs, simply shoot away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel View Post
        Nah there's no ammo/medic hubs or defibs.

If you run out of ammo, discard that weapon and pick up one of the many lying around (from corpses). Health wise, when your damaged your screen goes all red and blurry around the outside, it slowly regenerates.
        Ah right, Gears style ok.

I kind of dont like the no defib feature and the health aspect as i can see it encouraging major camping.

How about buildings wise? Are there any tall buildings you can access for good sniping spots etc?

And i wouldnt mind what that guy asked for below.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster
          Could somebody post pics of all the class set-ups so we know what to pick before we hit rank 4?

And nope, no defibs, simply shoot away.

Comment

And so im right in thinking that there are not the only guns in the game? And that you unlock better sniper rifles etc?

And once over a certain level (which one?) you can create a completely customizable player class with your own weapons and perks filling the spaces?

Comment

You're a BF vet. You'll whip through the first couple levels in no time. I never played a CoD game before this one and got my legs under me real fast. There are no healers, but your health regenerates in 5 sec or so. Think of of it as everyone's a medic. By the time you dropped a med kit, and switched back to your primary weapon, you've regenerated.

There are also no ammo packs, supply crate, etc... and they start you with very little ammo. Like the assault rifles, you only start with 60 rounds (2 extra clips) but you don't lose the whole clip when you reload, you just "top it off" so those rounds go further. It also encourages you to pick your shots. There is a level 1 perk that gives you more ammo for your primary weapon in exchange for not carrying any explosives. And unlike BF, where your kit disappears after 15sec, when you die, your gun stays there until someone picks it up, or the round ends. I went through 5 different weapons in one game last night.

There are a LOT of hide-hole type places and the level design is some of the best I've every seen. You can enter almost every building. Avoid larger servers if you can, they're just meat grinders from what I've seen. >20 is what I look for.

The only reason not to get this, is if the vehicle combat was key to your enjoyment of the game. As far as tactical infantry based shooters go, you won't find a tighter, more polished product.

Comment

That sounds awesome and i can always switch from ET:QW to CoD4 when i need to get some vehicle love in me although im really a huge ground pounder anyway.

But going back to my first question, you can unlock more weapons and after a certain level customize your kit completely?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  That sounds awesome and i can always switch from ET:QW to CoD4 when i need to get some vehicle love in me although im really a huge ground pounder anyway.

But going back to my first question, you can unlock more weapons and after a certain level customize your kit completely?
                  At level 4 you can make your own class. Here is a good set of spreadsheets showing the unlocks.

Comment

EDIT: Ignore this redundant post. IWCable beat me to it.

Comment

Cheers for the help guys

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable View Post
                        *List of Classes*
                        Many thanks, looks like I might pick Demo or Spec Ops first.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                          Ah right, Gears style ok.

I kind of dont like the no defib feature and the health aspect as i can see it encouraging major camping.

How about buildings wise? Are there any tall buildings you can access for good sniping spots etc?

And i wouldnt mind what that guy asked for below.

Thanks.
                          the reason why there is no defib and ammo packs is to stop statpadding asshats, also it doesnt encourage major camping as some servers will have kill cam enabled

Comment

i gather kill cam is like CSS style? After you die you can cycle through opponents?

Comment

no, only the 1 that just killed you

Comment

Working...
                              X