really pi**ed off with connection problem lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• really pi**ed off with connection problem lol

can anyone help me? everytime i play battlefiled 2 + speacial forces during the gameplay on a regular basis it comes up "There is a problem with your connection" this cause the game to freeze for a few secs causing u to get killed in most cases. it also shuts the game down fully aswell sometimes.i have a belkin G+mimo and a gd broadband connection.

First, try using a wired connection. Update punkbuster too. http://evenbalance.com/index.php?page=dl-bf2.php See if that helps any.

Comment

Originally posted by unknownsniper101 View Post
      can anyone help me? everytime i play battlefiled 2 + speacial forces during the gameplay on a regular basis it comes up "There is a problem with your connection" this cause the game to freeze for a few secs causing u to get killed in most cases. it also shuts the game down fully aswell sometimes.i have a belkin G+mimo and a gd broadband connection.
      If you can only use wirelss:

1. Go to 'start/run'
      2. Type in 'services.msc' (without the quotes)
      3. When window pops up, scroll down to 'Wireless zero configuration' and right click on it and selct stop.
      4. close the window and go back to playing

Comment

may u just ask what internet providers u have. i.e sky or talk talk or tiscali

Also wat speed

Thnx jon

This could help me solve it

Comment

Same problem has just started to affect me.

It's not a wireless connection issues as I plugged the router in to the back of the computer and still got the same problem. It's not a Windows Zero Config problem either as the problem first started after several months of solid gameplay with no issues whilst using WZC.

I disabled WZC and actually took some time to use the Asus software to set up a proper wireless setup. I then used services.msc to kill WZC went back in to the game and played very nicely and for the first time without those annoying lag spikes. Then bam 'there is a problem with your connection'.

It occurs totally at random on no one server specifically. Straight after the error you get kicked to the 'multiplayer' server select screen I hit 'refresh' and it refreshes the server list. Suggesting to me it is not a problem with my connection, if it was why would it be working fine at the server select screen only seconds after being booted from the game?

Could this be punkbuster acting up again? The last problem I had with the game turned out to be because of punkbuster.

Comment

i had this problem

there was i reason i asked 4 ure internet provider. A while bck i had the same problem wif talk talk. we changed to sky and i dont hve he problem anymore.

Its nout to du wif the game at all. Ure internet providers servers if ya na wat i mean cant handle it and therefore u get tht problem. this happened to me a while bck so really my only advice is ring ure internet provider or switch. Or upgrade ure line as in from 2mg to 8

Hope this helps

Jon

Comment

I disagree, its nothing to do with the internet connection, its more to do with the game. All my other online games work just fine its just COD4 that sometimes gives me the connection issue. I'm with Virgin media on a 20Mb connection.

PS learn to write in proper English language.

Comment

Yeah ure COD4 might work but tht might ure less internet power. Its the fact tht that guy dont know ****. It is the server and yes ure COD might work but so noone cares were talkin about BF2. I phoned talk talk to see wat was goin on when i had the problem. I could play COD2 fine with my measly 2mg but bf2 was a problem. I could only play on 16 man server which means that my internet couldent handle all the data that is being passed when on a server. So dont listen to frodo there cos he dont know wat hes on about. Call your internet provider. And oh if it was the game why isnt everyone having this problem.

Note: ill speek how i want. I got better things to do than waste my time making sure i got every letter

Jon out :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by the-masterlord View Post
                  Yeah ure COD4 might work but tht might ure less internet power. Its the fact tht that guy dont know ****. It is the server and yes ure COD might work but so noone cares were talkin about BF2. I phoned talk talk to see wat was goin on when i had the problem. I could play COD2 fine with my measly 2mg but bf2 was a problem. I could only play on 16 man server which means that my internet couldent handle all the data that is being passed when on a server. So dont listen to frodo there cos he dont know wat hes on about. Call your internet provider. And oh if it was the game why isnt everyone having this problem.

Note: ill speek how i want. I got better things to do than waste my time making sure i got every letter

Jon out :salute:
                  Not everyone is a CHAV on here, maybe you should learn to type in proper English, you might not get such a harsh response back. And with that attitude you will probably fail your exams and your parents.

Comment

there was i reason i asked 4 ure internet provider. A while bck i had the same problem wif talk talk. we changed to sky and i dont hve he problem anymore.

Its nout to du wif the game at all. Ure internet providers servers if ya na wat i mean cant handle it and therefore u get tht problem. this happened to me a while bck so really my only advice is ring ure internet provider or switch. Or upgrade ure line as in from 2mg to 8
                    Yeah you're actually wrong dude. It's the game, a quick test of this showed the culprit the other night. I was playing on a TV2 server when I got the connection error problem fortunatly I was able to connect straight back to the server. The game had reset and everyone in the game had had to reconnect.

Same thing then happened in UK warfare server, again I connected straight back and yup you guessed it everyone had been booted, their where even folk complaining about how this thing had been happening on a number of other servers.

I don't doubt in your case it may well have been your ISP but at the moment the issue seems to be a general server or other related issue that's causing problems with folk.

Comment

I understand wat ure saying and ive had this happen to me alot with the server buggaring up. But hes sayin its happening to him on a regualar basis and its happens to me i would say only about 1 time a week.

Thnx

Jon

Comment

Working...
                      X