Question About the Clan System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About the Clan System

Is it true that at level 12 you are given the option to add a clantag? What are the other ingame options for running a clan? Thanks! (I don't have the game just yet).

I haven't seen anywhere to add a clan tag in the PC version (I'm lvl 30 right now). I know you can just change your name in multiplayer options though.

Comment

This is for the consoles only since they have no way of changing their name. PC users can change their name anytime they like. I wish they would increase the maximum allowed characters in the name though, a few of our members can't add the tag on.

Comment

Originally posted by sharp65 View Post
        This is for the consoles only since they have no way of changing their name. PC users can change their name anytime they like. I wish they would increase the maximum allowed characters in the name though, a few of our members can't add the tag on.
        Damn, how long is your clan tag?!

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
          Damn, how long is your clan tag?!
          5 characters really isn't that long, Battlefield allowed you 10 characters I believe? It's too short as it is

Comment

The entire name field is only 12 characters, so with a clan tag that's not a lot of room.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
              The entire name field is only 12 characters, so with a clan tag that's not a lot of room.
              on PC, if you enter your name via the console or change it in your config file, you can get up to at least 19 characters (if not more)...although they may not all display on the leaderboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                on PC, if you enter your name via the console or change it in your config file, you can get up to at least 19 characters (if not more)...although they may not all display on the leaderboard.
                That's great to learn. TY

Comment

Originally posted by sharp65
                  5 characters really isn't that long, Battlefield allowed you 10 characters I believe? It's too short as it is
                  Mine is 6 and my name fits fine: [FLOT]GrossKopf... and other clan mates [FLOT]RudeRob [FLOT]SleepyLab.. seems like enough characters. It's the color codes that seem to use up a lot of space.

Comment

No point in using colors as they don't show up like they used to.

Comment

Originally posted by Spik3d
                      No point in using colors as they don't show up like they used to.
                      Some have posted that they show up on UNRANKED servers, but not on the ranked ones. No confirmation yet, however.

If that's true, then once people get bored of ranked/levelling up and move to modded unranked servers, we could see colours again.

Comment

yea i found it annoying too. 12 is really too short.

i cant find the config file where it is located, just found out all binds, but no name config.
                        and how the hell u put colors is ur name ?

Comment

Originally posted by gen.jaa
                          yea i found it annoying too. 12 is really too short.

i cant find the config file where it is located, just found out all binds, but no name config.
                          and how the hell u put colors is ur name ?
                          Mine is 16 long....

Comment

My name RazZleDazZle just fit and of my two back ups (the other being uhoh_OREO) deez_waffles just barely fit. No way to fit =SoBF= in either one.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                            X