Jet Recognition Prior to Missile Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Recognition Prior to Missile Release

Most of my time in BF2 has been spent on the ground. I am now looking at the aviation side. When I have flown fast jets, it seems that all flying objects when in range will appear within a box with a decreasing range readout. Apart from general recognition, will the system tell me whether it is friend of foe.

Fox....

If it's a friendly, then an X will appear over the box of the object. If it's an enemy, the word "locked" will appear over the box indicating it is an enemy, and you are ready for engagement.

Comment

Interesting...thanks for that Dan673.
      I have been playing in wake with the Vertical Takeoff Jet and the only indication I got was "shoot". I think I will try again and be a little more observant.

Fox...

Comment

Aye, good advice. If a X appears in your target box then it's a friendly, but the trick is to be looking on your mini map. The moment you see any target box you have to look at mini map and see if you have a red or blue dot in front.

It took me a few hours in the air before I stopped bombing friendlys, but it does get easier when you put the hours in.

Checking your map for flags that were yours that go neutral is a total beacon to go and drop a **** load of bombs on that target.

Comment

lol Vertical Takeoff Jet = flying coffin = F35. It is extremely hard to fly and not die if enemy jets (Chinese J10) have 2 competent pilots

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi
            lol Vertical Takeoff Jet = flying coffin = F35. It is extremely hard to fly and not die if enemy jets (Chinese J10) have 2 competent pilots
            Or as I found out one night. If you can beat an Admin in your F35 against his J10 then he just kicks you. It's a no win situation. :handshake:

Comment

Working...
            X