Evading missiles in the F35?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evading missiles in the F35?

Just curious what are some good ways to evade missiles in the F35, I've got the hang of evading them in SU-34's and such but just that damn F35. No matter what I do, they always seem to catch and hit me. Any suggestions?

countermeasures?

Comment

Uhm what do you mean, if you mean out maneuvering them... what are some things I can do to out fly a mig or j10?

Comment

Get acquainted with the "E" key.

Comment

There is no way of evading them. The only thing you can do to not be hit by them is to not let the J10s get lock

Comment

"E" works great for me...

Comment

It's definitely possible and I've seen it done. The rare times when I evade them isn't really by any special maneuver, it just happens by chance if you know what I mean. But flares are especially important. Here's a little snip-it of what I wrote in my small guide about flying jets:

Originally posted by Dan673
              In the F-35, we all know its a total pain evading missiles in that thing, because its virtually impossible (although there are times when you can evade them). Now, when you locked on by another jet, tap the C key until you reach the front view of the aircraft looking behind it. Don't release your flares just yet. Now, once your locked on, and you've spotted the missile, pull a hard right or left, and stay on that path. Once the first missile, or few missiles is about to hit you, release those flares, and pull up. All this can still be accomplished with that same camera angle. Once you've pulled up, it shouldn't be that hard to lose him, just continue maneuvering and you'll be fine.
              You can find the rest here: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=134682

Comment

Stratorun.

Go faster than the missiles.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                    Stratorun.

Go faster than the missiles.
                    Stratoruns are awesome if you get them right. Ive never bothered to perfect the technique though and I usually screw it up.

Comment

Stratorun with AB should work but often you get killed before that. One way to minimize missile locks is to stay out of sight and always fly above 300-400 even when bombing. Although it is pretty hard to hit moving targets then

Comment

Your only evasion is situational awareness, flares, and stratoruns. Fly smart... don't put yourself in a position where they can get a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB
                          Stratoruns are awesome if you get them right. Ive never bothered to perfect the technique though and I usually screw it up.
                          You can save yourself after a screw up

Comment

The f35b cant evade missle to save its life....your life, but its bombs have te advantage of dropping one on top of the other so you bombing line is actually representative of where the bombs will hit, rather than side by side like other fighter jets which reslts in bombs landing more the the sides of the target.

Comment

Originally posted by LaikaSB
                              Create a local server on wake, and just practise scooting across the map at 850. You'll get a feel for it.

The tricky part for most people is getting up to stratorun altitude, and this, like metallica said, is where situational awareness is so important.

Comment

Working...
                              X