Game Freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Freeze

Hi Friends, COD4 Single Player keeps freezing after about 15-20 min of play.
    I just download the latest tweak from Windows Vista (boo hiss) and the latest
    drivers from NVidia. MP is fine and the game looks unbelievably fantastic.
    Any suggestion will be taken seriously. :salute:

NVidea 7800 GS OC AGP
    2 G of RAM
    Vista Home Premium
    Athlon 64 Processor

If it's only happening in SP, then it may be a slightly corrupted install, possibly with a bad sound file or script being called - especially if it happens at the same places in the missions.

You could try to back-up your MP profile (if you've ranked up quite a bit already and don't want to lose it), and re-install.

Comment

Thanks man. Is there a thread here that explains how to back up the MP profile that you or anyone know of??

Comment

Not sure if there's a specific thread...just basically copy the folders that have your profile/config info in them to your desktop, and make a note of the path where they were stored. Once you re-install the game, paste them back in where they were before.

NOTE: this is theoretical, and SHOULD preserve your progress in both SP and MP so far, but I haven't personally tried it, so I can't make a guarantee.

Comment

Working...
        X