Awaiting Connection (Server Time Out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awaiting Connection (Server Time Out)

Hey, So I've been playing single player and multiplayer and the game is pretty amazing. But I find that when I go to play on a MP server, I try to connect and usually get a server time-out error. I have found some that have low ping (maybe I'm closer to host) and I can get in those. But all of my connections take all 10 seconds to connect...11 seconds is the cut off for the time-out in case your wondering.

When I do get into a game, my ping is usually perfect, never over 100, around 30-50. So I really stumped to why its happening..

YES my game is 100% legally bought, and yes I have tried undoing my router totally and turning off all firewalls. I'm more curious is this happening to anyone else?

I'm having an issue on my PS3 where I try to join a match and nothing comes up. When I play COD 3 tons come up and it works fine. The menu layout is completely different and when I try to join, nothing.... Is something wrong with their server? I can't get any matches to come up and I was really looking forward to online for COD 4. If you have any ideas why mine may not be working, please let me know! I'd really appreciate it! You can contact me at mbg1211@yahoo.com. PLEASE HELP IF U CAN! Thank you!!!!

Comment

Everyone is getting that. My trick is after it says your connection times out, open the console (~) and type reconnect. It will try to join the last server you attempted to join. If it does it yet again, open the console again and just hit the up arror on your keyboard and hit enter. Hitting the up arrow in the console brings up previous entries made into the console, saving the time of typing it again.

I usually get in after 2-4 times doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickerd View Post
        Everyone is getting that. My trick is after it says your connection times out, open the console (~) and type reconnect. It will try to join the last server you attempted to join. If it does it yet again, open the console again and just hit the up arror on your keyboard and hit enter. Hitting the up arrow in the console brings up previous entries made into the console, saving the time of typing it again.

I usually get in after 2-4 times doing this.
        For PS3 or on the computer? Cause you can't open the PS3 and type something. lol. I talked to people at Gamestop and they said that usually new games have some online issues at first, so you might need to keep trying over the next few days. I'm gonna try now. ttyl.

Comment

Working...
        X