Server Files Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Files Question

Ok let me get this straight.. I need to upload over 6gigs of the damn game to my server in order to run a server??????

The whole damn Directory is over 6gigs!!!! :cry:

Yes. That is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by GrossKopf
      Yes. That is correct.
      omg....

this is going to take me all night :shakehead

ya know...I can't understand why the video files need to be on it? The server doesn't render the video so why in the hell require it?

IW needs to get their **** straight!

Comment

So, maybe a stupid question, but where can I get a hold of the Server Files?

Comment

Originally posted by 68Whiskey View Post
          So, maybe a stupid question, but where can I get a hold of the Server Files?
          There aren't any. You need to buy the game and upload the files to a server yourself. Or find a GSP that already have it loaded.

There are no separate dedicated server files to download at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            There aren't any. You need to buy the game and upload the files to a server yourself. Or find a GSP that already have it loaded.

There are no separate dedicated server files to download at this point in time.
            So does that mean the copy running on the server has to have a legal CD key as well?

Comment

You dont need ALL the files. The directory with the video's I know for sure isnt needed, and that saves 1.3 gigs.

If it's anything like the previous CoD's, the iwd files out of the main folder is the bulk of what is needed. The rest is configs, the exe, pb and such.

Visit www.fpsadmin.com - They have great tutorials and support for server admins.

Comment

My GSP, Wolf Servers, trimmed down the files to only what was essential, and it came to about 5GB. Who has a connection at home that is good enough to actually run a server anyway?

Comment

Once I get the thing uploaded to my server I'll put one up..but damn! 6gigs to upload and so far its been uploading since 7pm last night and still has a good while to go!!!

Whoever came up with this crap should be kicked in the nuts!

Comment

I believe it's the same as in previous COD's.

Not saying it isn't totally inconvenient, but shouldn't be a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                      I believe it's the same as in previous COD's.

Not saying it isn't totally inconvenient, but shouldn't be a surprise.
                      that still doesn't mean anything... not when other games have a fraction of files to run a server... They need to release parts that are not required besides the video that you can upload that isn't over 1gig in size.

Comment

Working...
                      X