Unable to run in dx10 mode, HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to run in dx10 mode, HELP!

well at first I thought this was just a crysis issue, but now apparently I figured out that the same thing is happening with my company of heroes...... DX10 simply is not turned on/enabled for any of my games despite the fact that I have a dx10 system and dx10 is installed and it says so in DXDiag(start>run>dxdiag)

I installed using the EA download manager(crysis demo), and I did not recieve any shortcuts in the start menu, so I cannot right click the crysis shortcut to choose between dx9 and dx10...
    In the game "ultra high" is totally disabled so obviously I am not able to run dx10, and adding "-dx10" to the end of my shortcut doesn't work, the game only goes to a black screen for a second then comes back to the desktop

Same thing goes for company of heroes! All the DX10 options are disabled(greyed out, I can't select them). I can't find anywhere that tells me how to turn on DX10 in general, because it seems that the games are not detecting that I have DX10 and are therefore disabling it...

So does anyone know what my problem could possibly be??

My guess is that its not the games but something to do with my system, because it appears that no games want to run in dx10

But DXDIAG tells me that I am running DirectX 10!!! I have a full dx10/vista machine....

Specs:
    Intel core 2 duo 6600
    Nvidia 7950 GX2 1gb video card
    2gb corsair ram
    asus mobo

Help!!! I'm so lost as to why dx10 is not working for anything at all for me.............

But only 8 series nvidia cards are dx10...

Comment

um no.....

Nvidia 7950 GX2 is a dx10 card, as I stated... I have DX10 installed, it says so in my DX diagnosis window!!!

Comment

It doesn't matter what your computer says. 7950 is NOT DX10 hardware, therefore you can't run DX10 applications (unless you do something like the crysis demo tweak, but I'm not sure if that's available on all DX10 games)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150197 go to specifications.

"3D API
        DirectX DirectX 9
        OpenGL OpenGL 2.0"

Comment

wow if this is true I was JACKED BY NEWEGG.com

THEY HAD IT SAYING: DX10!!!!!!!!!
          this is ****ed up....

Comment

I've looked at almost all 7950s on newegg's site, and every single one clearly states that it's DirectX 9.

If you don't know what you're doing, you should really have someone else do it for you. Next time you should READ or do RESEARCH before spending 300 dollars.

Comment

lol stfu please......

They are obviously listed as DX9 now.....

I had bought this card 6months ago, NEWEGG.com stopped selling them shortfly after for a brief period, my guess it that they had labeled this card as DX10 and noticed they screwed up and took it off their site for some time...

I HAD CHECKED AND DOUBLE CHECKED.

I have been building my own computers for 12 years!!!

Sadly... I did not check the specs for this card on another site before buying it. I have had too much trust in newegg, and I'll never buy from them again....

Comment

What you have fallen for is classic marketing spin. It states the card will work in a DX10 OS (IE. Vista!!!) but.... and this is a big but.... it won't actually run DX10 as it doesn't have the correct hardware. The only DX10 cards are Nvidia 8 series and ATI 2xxx series.

Still, the 7950gx2 is still an awesome card, but read some online reviews before buying first

Oh, and btw, it's not the Egg's fault, they just post the info given to them by the manufacturer

Comment

Originally posted by SoCaL View Post
                  lol stfu please......

They are obviously listed as DX9 now.....

I had bought this card 6months ago, NEWEGG.com stopped selling them shortfly after for a brief period, my guess it that they had labeled this card as DX10 and noticed they screwed up and took it off their site for some time...

I HAD CHECKED AND DOUBLE CHECKED.

I have been building my own computers for 12 years!!!

Sadly... I did not check the specs for this card on another site before buying it. I have had too much trust in newegg, and I'll never buy from them again....
                  Building pc's since birth? great stuff.

Comment

The 7 in the '7950' should have given it away.

God help anyone you build a computer for if you don't know what hardware relates to which software.

Comment

a 7950? i havent even heard about that card before, it exists? wow i must have been out for a long time

ya the 7-series is kinda back then (dx9). what the computer states doesnt mean your card supports it.

my lappy has dx10 lol, but my video card sure cant use it lol

Comment

lol the OP just got owned. bad luck mate. start saving up for the real DX10 cards

becides, DX10 is not worth it. it takes to much performance out. (8800GTS)

Comment

Working...
                        X