Gears of War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gears of War

Gears of War has been released this week onto PC. I want to know from anyone here what they thought of the game, as I am considering purchasing it.

I only want to hear about it if you have the PC version not the 360 version, i could care less about the 360 one.

If you have it, tell me what you liked about it.

Singelplayer
    Multiplayer
    Controls
    Gameplay
    Fun?
    And anything else really.

I know! I saw it at walmart I want a demo first though. Is there one?

Comment

nope. they should get one though.

Comment

was reading this thread at OcUK http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/sho...php?t=17800573

i know a clan mate of mine has it aswell will have to get him to give his input.

Comment

I like it. It's something different. There have been all these first person shooters out lately, so it's good to play at a different perspective. It's built on Unreal engine so it looks a lot like UT3, which is good, because I think both games have really good graphics.

I also like how the main character (marcus something) sounds a lot like JACK BAUER, even though the person doing his voice is Bender from Futurama. Personally, it feels like I'm playing a futuristic "24". (and marcus' voice helps make it like that :P)

I can't really say much else because I only played it for about half an hour. After that, crysis beta finished downloading so I played that instead (since there's only like a week left to play it).

Comment

what settings you play at?

Comment

Maxed settings at maxed resolution. I get 30fps+, which feels more like 50fps because of motion blurr. NO AA, though. But you don't need AA in games made on the unreal engine

Comment

marcus feenix

Comment

I found the SP pretty fun on the 360 version, but MP was repetitive. The big red flag for me is "Live" plastered on the cover. Paying for features already free in PC games = mega fail.

Comment

Well this game was boring and slow as hell. Good thing I tried it off a torrent instead of buying it.

Comment

mine posting some screenies?

Comment

SP is pretty good, I recommend waiting for a price drop though.

It has it's moments. (chainsaw bayonet )

But I don't have any MP experiance, so I can't really tell you anything about that.

Comment

Havn't actually played single player yet, i've done co-op with a friends and that was pretty fun.

MP is quite buggy, the games are few and are often laggy. Except for the host of course who has a massively unfair advantage. It needs dedicated servers.

I also dont like the fact that on top of the fee for buying the game, you have to pay monthly for live, who dont even provide the servers.

After my free month is up, that it with GoW for me anyway.

Comment

Single player is pretty much like in 360, it's fun!

Multiplayer is non existent, thanks to LIVE.

Comment

Is it worth picking up if you already have the 360 version?

Comment

Working...
                              X