No announcement yet.

EMPing a Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As walker pilot I have to report that this is a very hard task to destroy walker (assuming 100% of health) with EMP/arty combination. Firstly, as mentioned earlier, EMP charge doesnt strike immediately after applying an order. The second, EMP strike is very short, so arty ordinary starts when walker almost went out of bombardment zone. I have survived countless attempts to hit me with that. Only thing walker pilot has to care about - space for manevuor.

Much efficient if you use EMP/Arty combination against tanks or APCs. They are not so fast and not too armored.

Comment

Yes, zooming is good. Usually around the center of the command screen.

Don't EMP directly on or in front of the walker. Send a strike a little bit behind the walker's/pilot's view, just enough to reduce the effects and debris that the pilot may see and enough so you don't miss. If the firefight is big, that's a plus because any other sound will reduce the pilot's ability to hear the EMP strike.

After you initiate an EMP strike, quickly drop off an artillery directly on it. By the time the EMP hits, the artillery should finish the job, or at least dent it.

If the pilot is skilled, then it may prove difficult. You should take their position in to account; what they see, what they hear, their situation, etc.

Comment

The secret is to start your Orbital Strike first, then quickly switch to EMP and click the leading edge of the Walker with the EMP command. Click just in front of the Walker if it is on the move. Timing is everything.

Comment

i dont move in the same direction and keep my movement changes random so then you cant aim at me. and when i am squadleader i order my team to follow the walker to assist me with engies and recons so i usually hear from my team if there is a emp strike coming so i change direction

Comment

Originally posted by crist2000a View Post
            As walker pilot I have to report that this is a very hard task to destroy walker (assuming 100% of health) with EMP/arty combination. Firstly, as mentioned earlier, EMP charge doesnt strike immediately after applying an order. The second, EMP strike is very short, so arty ordinary starts when walker almost went out of bombardment zone. I have survived countless attempts to hit me with that. Only thing walker pilot has to care about - space for manevuor.

Much efficient if you use EMP/Arty combination against tanks or APCs. They are not so fast and not too armored.
            True, but you gotta think, a walker is the hardest vehicle for infantry to take out as well (some might say APC but imo it's easier, just more time consuming). As a commander you want to try and hit the vehicle that will do the most damage to your team (and tickets).

Comment

even worse then a emp/ arti combo is an emp/walker combo as you cant use any shields, dont move and he can finish you of in a few seconds. and then they have atri for kill entenched infanterie to save their walker.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                The secret is to start your Orbital Strike first, then quickly switch to EMP and click the leading edge of the Walker with the EMP command. Click just in front of the Walker if it is on the move. Timing is everything.
                what he said.

works best for me imo. gets 85% of walkers, you may have a little trouble with really skilled pilots (hard to find anyway) and those who randomly decide to back off.

Comment

Working...
                X