Timeless Northern Strike Server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeless Northern Strike Server

Sadly another copy cat server named Timeless Northern Strike has gone online. This one is US based. At this time there is no clan name or owner for me to approach so I have contacted the server provided.

If anyone knows who the server is being rented by, either clan or individual please let me know.

Sadly Timeless is taking a serious view of this and will do whatever is legally necessary to protect our brand name and goodwill.

Is there a copyright infringement or something?

Comment

That I don't know. The server renter/owner is handling that side of things. I am trying to avoid nastiness by trying to find out who the renters of this new server are. First approach. asking nicely!

Comment

Okay so what I'm seeing is that you are apart of a group who runs these "Timeless" Servers and you are upset that someone else is using the same name?

Comment

if the name is trademarked or copyrighted then you might have a legal issue. Other than that you are probably wasting your time trying to fight it.

Comment

There is always a precedent to this type of thing. I am not arguing the whys and wherefores. Just asking does anyone know if theres someone we can contact to discuss this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
              There is always a precedent to this type of thing. I am not arguing the whys and wherefores. Just asking does anyone know if theres someone we can contact to discuss this.

Thanks in advance.
              You could try finding out the server owner that runs it and hope they listen to you. Most likely they won't since they set it up to hide their identity. Otherwise, you pretty much can't legally do anything else.

Comment

I did that. Might have had some effect as the server no longer shows up.

hopefully they reconsidered or saw the stuff i posted here or on the server provideders forum or the server provider might have suggested a change.

ANyways Looks OK now. Thanks for the suggestions all.

Comment

Working...
                X