Took advantage of a hack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took advantage of a hack

I was playing campg and got on the walker, after a while arty started to fall like rain, one after another. I assumed that it was the other commander that was glitching because the simbol of the arty strikes didn´r appear on the mini map.
    But after a while supplies started to fall on top of my walker, and the arty seemed to do no damage, needless to say that the round ended with a k/d ratio of 43-0.
    After the end of the round I quited the server and thought that it wasn´t funny, it took no skill and wasn´t rewarding being helped that way.
    I really don´t know what´s going on in the minds of people that hack, this game looses all the fun factor.

How can I know who was hacking, it was my commander or could be someone else? I though of reporting my commander but I remebered that in the begining of the round I´ve asked a lot of times for supplies and the commander just ignored me.

I hope the next time this happens to me I will have the good sense of leaving the server instead of getting cheap kills, if I was on the receiving end I wouldn´t find it very funny.

they are just a bunch of 12yo kids who are with their friends and say omg look me i got hacks lets be funny and drop hundreds of supplies to squish people of our own team yaaay. you know what im talking about.

Comment

MOST but not all of the BF2142 commander hacks are for commanders only. There are a few that don't need you to be commander. However as a rule of thumb ban the commander lol

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy View Post
        MOST but not all of the BF2142 commander hacks are for commanders only. There are a few that don't need you to be commander. However as a rule of thumb ban the commander lol
        Can u belive I played more than 200 hours of bf2 and bf2142 and don´t know how to start a kick vote...must go read the booklet LOL.

Comment

I was playing a campg game the other day and it seemed like I was always getting artillery rained on me from both sides constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubas View Post
            Can u belive I played more than 200 hours of bf2 and bf2142 and don´t know how to start a kick vote...must go read the booklet LOL.
            I weould save yourself the effort. They never ever work.

Comment

I'd like to caveat this post with the statment, do not intentionally teamkill in anything but extreme curicumstances, it's not very bright and you'll do your karma no good and end up coming back as a slug.

But... if your commander is raining continuous arty's down on the enemy denying you the fun to which you shelled out your hard earned money on.

Then locate that little star on your mini map, draw one's knife and go practise ready for that Christmas Turkey. Wait until he respawns, rinse and repeat. If there's a TK kick limit, invite some friends. He can't command while he's waiting to respawn.

Had that situation once with well known cheat user "Vossy". It ended up in some sort of bizarre Benny Hill meets Jason type scene. He left in the end.

Comment

Hey bubas this wasn't on my clan server was it? Cause I saw you joining then quitting then joining I know teams were unfair but thats cause we somehow ended up on the same side...:nod:

Commander hackers are literally impossible to find unless you see someone without the star sign on their head standing still and arty falling all over the place...

Comment

erm wernt the commander hacks for bf2 usable by any player? i know there were quite a few topics where players were complaining of being kicked as commander when some idiot was using the bug?

if it was possible for bf2 then i think it would be possible in 2142 too.

lol wake was a hell hole trying to rearm on the carrier with a million jeeps raining down

Comment

Originally posted by LT_BuLLiT View Post
                    Hey bubas this wasn't on my clan server was it? Cause I saw you joining then quitting then joining I know teams were unfair but thats cause we somehow ended up on the same side...:nod:

Commander hackers are literally impossible to find unless you see someone without the star sign on their head standing still and arty falling all over the place...

Nops it wasn´t in your server...the problem was that I was having unusual high pings...and restarted the computer twice.
                    The only hacker in your clan is u...no one kills me 5 or 6 times in a row like u did one or two days ago .
                    Kidding

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy View Post
                      I weould save yourself the effort. They never ever work.
                      oh but they do... on random innocent people who actually aim before spraying. and killing tards many times over.

on a more OT note, had two commanders arty almost the exact same place simultaneously (not hacking tho), and there was also an EMP (may have been two, i was lagging too bad to tell). it lagged so bad that after the arty was over about 40% of the players got dropped due to lag =D

Comment

I find the commander artillery just annoying. It's cheap kills for the commander and does nothing to really improve the game play. Just makes everyone run for cover all the time. Most of these noob commanders just spam their own troops.

Personally I would either double the time it takes to re-arm the artillery or replace it with a more surgical Howitzer type weapon stationed at the teams base that can be fired by the commander only when someone is Lasering a target and requests a Fire Mission. It should also be capable of being destroyed and repaired, as with other commander assets.

Now that would make it (a) more interesting and (b) a useful addition to the game.

APE

Comment

Actually, a good commander can make a big impact with it, primarily by taking out armor that's giving his guys a hard time.

Comment

Orb strikes are area denial, not a killing machine. Want to get everyone out of an area while a squad caps it? That's whats OS was made for.

Comment

Originally posted by bigAPE
                              I find the commander artillery just annoying. It's cheap kills for the commander and does nothing to really improve the game play. Just makes everyone run for cover all the time. Most of these noob commanders just spam their own troops.
                              APE
                              Must've not played BF2 :hmm:.

Comment

Working...
                              X