Recoil? Weakspots? Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recoil? Weakspots? Q's

Im wondering why they didnt implement recoil into this game? Was it to make it easier for console users but then they forgot to change it for pc users? It makes the game ridiculously nub-friendly.. point and spam. Im coming from BF2142 where recoil GREATLY affects each weapon making so you have to master each ones recoil effectively but each weapon i picked up in the demo had the same recoil - which is barely any

Im also wondering if it has 'weakspots' implemented, hitting certain spots does more damage etc. it feels like it doesnt matter where i shoot the enemy they still fall down at the same rate.

I'll still probably get it this friday.. when it gets released here.. but im just hoping i wont be on the same level as players less-good lol

those are my views from playing through the demo countless times and watching plenty of multiplayer vids on youtube

Recoil in MP is higher than in SP, there seem to be weakspots, but the SP enemies are so weak it's hard to tell the difference between, say, a stomach or chest shot if there are separate ones.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
      Recoil in MP is higher than in SP, there seem to be weakspots, but the SP enemies are so weak it's hard to tell the difference between, say, a stomach or chest shot if there are separate ones.
      thats great! dont want this to be ruined by silly things like no recoil...

Comment

When I shoot an AR15 as fast as my finger can pull (very fast) I feel no recoil, so M4/M16s should barely have recoil, and as for AK, there shouldn't be much recoil, but it shouln't be very accurate, I donno who elose has shot a gun here, but I know guns dont have much recoil. And you gota remember these are adult soldiers, who have have ALOT of training.

Comment

That`s the main reason why UT3 is gonna be the game for me. CoD4 is just a filler. I will play it but I reckon it will be piss-easy to master compared to UT3.
          Too noob friendly imo.

Comment

There is recoil. The game is very fun. I didnt see very many noobs having an easy time at it.

I greatly enjoyed the MP gameplay and Im a BIG BF fan. I was very impressed with it.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

If you use the sights recoil isnt much of a problem. The real recoil comes from firing from the hip. Try and full auto a guy 5 feet in front of you with any of the lmgs and you will see recoil.

Comment

There is nothing like the Baur (thank god,) but recoil is definitely there. If you play in Hard Core mode, it's pretty much one-shot-kills for every weapon. In normal MP, you have to put a couple solid rounds into a guy before they drop. Head shots always seem to be fatal (which they should be.)

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly
                  There is nothing like the Baur (thank god,) but recoil is definitely there. If you play in Hard Core mode, it's pretty much one-shot-kills for every weapon. In normal MP, you have to put a couple solid rounds into a guy before they drop. Head shots always seem to be fatal (which they should be.)

OMG I love the BAUR, the recoil is incredible, that's why it's a semi gun, or it should be fired that way, also, it's bassically a G3 of the future.

I think IW did perfect, its supposed to be noob friendly, and if you dont like it play hardcore mode, added recoil 9 damahhe and no HUD

Comment

They design guns to reduce recoil this day and age. i have a target rifle and its recoilless.
                    whats the point in giving a soldier a gun that will blow his shoulder off every time he fires it.

Comment

I saw Hulk Hogan fire an M16 full auto and remained pretty level. If he can do it, so can a highly trained fictional soldier.

Comment

Using the iron sights is key in cod4,the devs intentionally made it like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dual_Core View Post
                          They design guns to reduce recoil this day and age. i have a target rifle and its recoilless.
                          whats the point in giving a soldier a gun that will blow his shoulder off every time he fires it.
                          too bad that in the year 2142 recoil is still a major factor...

but yea all the guns just feel the same when you shoot them, theres no noticable difference like comparing the lambert to the baur.

spamming that big chain gun in real life is pretty much impossible without your arm falling off let alone having incredible accuracy at full auto...

so yea just feels way too nub friendly and there wont be much to seperate the skilled from the spray-and-prayers... but i have yet to find out since the games released here tomorrow... last day of school too

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
                            That`s the main reason why UT3 is gonna be the game for me. CoD4 is just a filler. I will play it but I reckon it will be piss-easy to master compared to UT3.
                            Too noob friendly imo.
                            Why is no one else excited about Soldier of Fortune 3 lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JumpStyle. View Post
                              coming from BF2142 where recoil GREATLY affects each weapon making so you have to master each ones recoil effectively

omg u ever use the voss or krylov

Comment

Working...
                              X