random ctd or bluescreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random ctd or bluescreen

in the game i get random crashes to desktop or a game frezze which leads to a bluescreen after i "end the process". it will happen when the maps loading, in the middle of the game or when i press esc to return to the menu. ive found that some other people are having this problem but im not sure if its more my computer or more of a game bug. i have the the newest version which is 1.41. the same thing happens to my brother on a dell demension 4600 but he only gets a CTD so idk whats going on. i have a nice computer which is way over the min requirements all the drivers are up to date cuz i thought that could be it and ive reinstalled the game. also when i minimize the game to end the process i can only see the windows toolbar which has a 2nd bf2 window "memory error" cant see what the actual error says cuz the game dosnt fully minimize. please help

Specs
    gigabyte p35 motherboard
    creative x-fi xtreme gamer
    geforce 8800 gts 640mb
    intel Q6600
    4gb ram
    300 gb 7200rpm
    vista premium 64bit
    no overclocking done

1. Which memory error are you getting. Exactly. Run in windowed mode to find out.
    2. What is the name of the error/file with the error in the BSOD. It's usually something like nv4disp.dll or some kind of STOP error.

Comment

ive tried playing it in a window and when i do play i cant see the ground and its all clear, its really weird like im walking on glass. and i dont get an error it plays fine except for the ground thing. ive even messed around with the video.cfg file and shortcut target line with no luck. what is going on?????

Comment

Here's an idea that just might work. Either using the windows task manager or a 3rd party program, set the affinity of BF2 to use ONLY a single core, your choice which one. In other words, the program thread will have its own core and will not be split up between cores.

Comment

o wow thanks for the quick responce. u can pick one core wow did not know that ill try and post my results, what 3rd party app are out there

Comment

I used to use getnsetaffinity.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

i tried it and the same thing happend but for some reason i was able to view the error.
              "memory.dll: all alloc attempts failed for size 1050625 |ok|try agian|Cancel|"

Comment

Try running memtest86 on your RAM. Sounds like you have a bad module or 2.

Comment

Working...
                X