SP wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP wont start

i installed it fine and everything, but i can't open up single player.. Not from the desktop icon, not from the start menu, and not even when i try to switch over from multi player. I restarted my computer and still didn't fix it. I don't want to re-instal because i dont wan't to lose all my ranks that i got today.

so wtf is happening?

Same thing here sombody please help

Comment

ah ok, i restarted the computer for a second time, and it finally worked

Now i have another problem, everytime i try to join a MP server, it counts to 11 and then says no connection, or sometimes it will say " verifying key code ", even though it says that my key is valid.

It takes me about 10 try's before it lets me join a server.

anyone else get that? My internet connection is perfectly fine

Comment

The game not starting is due to XFire. Goto XFire's options (tools/options) and choose the Games tab. In the left hand column under 'Installed Games' find the Call of Duty 4 entries (There are 2 entries, one for SP and one for MP). Highlight them one at a time, and in the fields on the right there will be a checkbox for 'Disable Xfire In-Ggame'. Check it, hit apply, and do the same for the other entry.

Crash fixed, but until XFire fixes the issue, some of us have to suffer with no in game messaging.

As for the hang. Everyone is getting that. My trick is after it says your connection times out, open the console (~) and type reconnect. It will try to join the last server you attempted to join. If it does it yet again, open the console again and just hit the up arror on your keyboard and hit enter. Hitting the up arrow in the console brings up previous entries made into the console, saving the time of typing it again.

I usually get in after 2-4 times doing this.

Help spread the word. Both of these probs are being asked alot on forums.

Comment

XFire ???? I don't have it. It almost seems that there is no SP exe. file...but it's there. I cant start SP mode no matter how I try. Did several new installs too. DEMO worked fine and MP mode works fine using Vista 32 bit.

Comment

You shouldnt have to do this but try running it as administrator(sp?)

Comment

Yeah allready tried that still no go

Comment

try joining it out of the start menu instead of on the desktop.

Comment

ive got same problem, multiplayer works but single player dont, ive changed drivers reinstalled directx. when i start the single player its on the lowest settings and when i change any ie screen res its closes and i get an error message saying.
                  "Directx encountered a unrecoverable error check the read me for possible solutions"

Comment

Working...
                  X