cod4 player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cod4 player

My question is, if I was to remove cod4 from my computer will I lose all of my ranks and stats and my player, cause I don't need to log on and type in a password and all I had to do was make a profile so at that point it shows me that its not over the internet?

Can someone explain this to me.

Yup, looks like it. If you think about it - how else would you retrieve your account? There's no password or anything like that! You simply create an account name and that's it. So say the top player reformats his PC, there's your chance to "steal" his name and possibly his stats...

Comment

Probably tied to your CD Key.

Comment

Hopefully there will be a back up mechanism come to light!

Comment

Originally posted by Iwantcable
          Probably tied to your CD Key.
          Im going to say this as well, They probably thought about this, and thought the same idea.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerscom View Post
            My question is, if I was to remove cod4 from my computer will I lose all of my ranks and stats and my player, cause I don't need to log on and type in a password and all I had to do was make a profile so at that point it shows me that its not over the internet?
            If you backup your profile/saved files, remove COD4 from your PC, install again or on a different PC, and copy/paste your saved files back in, it's fairly likely that the game will recognize your ranks/stats again.

Comment

If no one does it sooner, I'll be testing it this weekend. I'm installing a new GFX card and doing a fresh load of XP.

My guess too, is that Whiskey is correct. The combination of your CD key and profile name is what makes you unique. If you lost your CD key, you'd probably be in more trouble.

Comment

Yea i was wandering the same cos i will be playing this game on my current pc, and then transferring over to my new one.

Comment

That would be extremely ****ty if you had to start fresh again. I'm going to be transferring everything over to my new laptop from my PC soon, and i don't want to have to restart from private

Comment

Originally posted by Activision support
                    Your CoD 4 multiplayer stats are tied to your CD key. Therefore entering another valid key will cause your stats and everything you’ve unlocked in multiplayer to reset. Once you start to level up your profile and begin to unlock weapons, do not change your CD key or your stats will be reset.
                    There you have it.

Comment

Good to know, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X