Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing SP now...did this happen to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing SP now...did this happen to you?

The first mission played fine....VERY NICE. I liked the intro where you are riding in the car. But..when the second mission starts up...it is laggy as hell!! I can't take 3 steps into the swamps without a slideshow starting....even moving the mouse in the menu is laggy.

Vista 64
    4GB PC6400 (800Mhz) RAM
    Intel Q6600 Quad Core CPU
    eVga 680i 775 Motherboard
    nVidia 8800GTX (768MB RAM)
    Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty soundcard
    42" Philips LCD @ 1080P

* before you say that the display is the problem...level one (BOAT SEIGE) played PERFECTLY fine. NO LAG..NO STUTTER.

Mission 2 is the problem. I am using the VERY LATEST nVidia drivers and have rebooted twice. SAME THING everytime....start mission 2...and it becomes unplayable. Anyone having this problem?

Haze

Maybe your computer is overheating? That's what it sounds like... works fine for a little while then lags...

Comment

Sounds like overheating.

Comment

^ agreed then

Comment

Pull the side off of your computer and put it in a well ventilated area. See if its better.

Also, make sure all your fans and well, the whole inside of your PC is dust free. Dust is the biggest cause of overheating. Gets all in the heatsinks and such. (unplug your pc before hand - lol)

Comment

I did notice some lag on mission 2 myself now that I think about it.

Comment

never noticed any lag i'm on mission 6 i think it is...check proccess running in background etc...

Comment

Sounds like an overheat problem ive got half the system you have and mine runs fine on max settings no lag.
                Take side off and blow out the dust.

Comment

Working...
                X