X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping Issues?

First,
    I must say I love Call of Duty....

But sniping, that's another story. I am completely fine with the breathing system, as a matter of fact, I enjoy it.

But even when I steady my scope on a stationary target and fire, it doesn't always hit, it just seems to go randomly... and this has really turned me off.

Does anybody else experience this?

Are you talking about the sniping mission in the game?

Comment

Maybe you cant aim right?wherever i point my crosshair it hits,of course im talking of the demo as i dont have the real game,but i heard somethign about wind drop in cod4.

Comment

Yeah, in the IGN review for CoD4, the guy said about sniping you have to take in the account of the Coriolis effect... I don't know if he was talking about singleplayer or multiplayer but CoD4 can't be that detailed about sniping in game...

Comment

It's not bullet drop, because I aim for the head so it would at least hit the body...

Now I'm beginning to hold my breath for every shot... and at longer range shots it hits 1 in 3... Maybe just practice?

Comment

The SP is instant hit because it's well, single player. You have to account for lag in MP, but overall, I have to say that sniping in CoD4 is fun without being overpowering. If you've sniped in any other MP game, you'll do fine.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? The sniping in SP is not an instant hit because of the coriolis effect.

And when I said "sniping" I meant with a real sniper rifle not SVD or M14.

Comment

its called perks
                use the sniper more and increase your skill
                unlock new scopes = better accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
                  The SP is instant hit because it's well, single player. You have to account for lag in MP, but overall, I have to say that sniping in CoD4 is fun without being overpowering. If you've sniped in any other MP game, you'll do fine.
                  In the demo there aren't large distances to fire over, so it makes sense u can't notice it in the demo.

However if i trie to use my pistol on a target in the demo on the third floor, i can see the shot deviates and does less damage.

If that is really in COD4, i say hoera, because it is realistic, and it also prevents the ASWP Counter Strike type of sniping (aka using it as a CQB weapon)

Comment

I happened to get on a laggy server the one time I played MP last night, and I couldn't hit any moving target with the sniper, even if I accounted for lag right (coming from a CoD2 vet, I would assume it's the same...). I hope it was just the server and not the game.

Comment

Originally posted by angelzz View Post
                      its called perks
                      use the sniper more and increase your skill
                      unlock new scopes = better accuracy
                      :salute:

Comment

Lag isn't a factor on stationary targets.
                        Holding your breath works... I've only played ~4 hours, so I'll keep practicing.

Comment

Working...
                        X