BF2 shutting down when in planes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 shutting down when in planes...

I installed BF2 the other day (I had it installed earlier on a different computer) and I then proceded to download and install Patch 1.41 and Sandbox (I love sandbox :P)

And so now when I get in any map on BF2 and fly a plane. BF2 shuts itself down after roughly a minute or so. Doesn't give me an error message or anything.

Does anyone know if it is the patch or sandbox? Should I reinstall everything?

---~---

Also, it runs kinda chopp-illy (sp? ) My computer isn't really that crappy. I don't know the specs, but Im pretty sure the vid card is 256mb. And the CPU is pretty good (as my dad says)...

I turned the video graphics all the way down. (Everything) And I turned off EAX sound (as I was previously told that it can make a difference)

Any help would be appreciated. :salute:

System

Update all your drivers,
    Pc,
    Sound,
    GRAPHICS CARD

Make sure you have the latest Punkbuster drivers.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Ok thanks ^^ Any idea how to find any of that?

Comment

drivers

Find your model of everything....

so say you have a nVidea 8800GTS, whack
        "latest drivers for nvidea 8800Gts" into google Then download the lastest you can find!

Same goes for the rest!

Id get the punkbuster ones first id be pretty sure its then!!

Hope this helps

Comment

yea i downloaded the punkbuster thing and it stopped getting out of the game entirely. XD

But now it is (every minute or so) freezing for 1-2 seconds and the screen goes black and shows the desktop for a split second. I think that is because my internet is connected through a cable. But I have the capability to use wireless but i havent set it up yet. So my wireless thing is probably popping up while im in the game and causing that...(Hafta fix that somehow lol)

And yea I'm gonna see if I can find what specs I have so I can get the drivers...Hopefully that'll smooth it up. This computer is sposed to be pretty good....Just maybe needs some updating...=\

EDIT: Thanks for helping me out btw

Comment

If you wanna know your specs try downloading PC Wizard 2008 and that will give you all you need to know about your computer. It is helpful for you to post your compter specs.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
              If you wanna know your specs try downloading PC Wizard 2008 and that will give you all you need to know about your computer. It is helpful for you to post your compter specs.
              *finding*

Comment

Type in PC wizard 2008 in google, I cant access it b/c my work computer blocks everything and then once you install it just run it and it will have your computer specs. Once you have that just post the specs here and we will go from there.

Comment

Ok I got it and here is what I know...Sorry if I write some stuff out wrong...I know how to use computers on the outside, not inside.

Mainboard: Unspecified KT400-8235
                  Chipset: VIA KT400 (VT8377)
                  Processor: AMD Athlon XP @ 2000 MHz
                  Physical Memory: 1024 MB (2 x 512 DDR-SDRAM)
                  Video Card: Nvidia Corp GeForce FX 5200 [NV34.3] (256 MB)
                  Hard Disk: ST3120026A (120 GB)
                  (Skipping CD-ROMs and monitor stuff)
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
                  DirectX: Version 9.0 (May 2005)

Comment

Also try this link for a BF2 troubleshooting guide.

Also have you been able to play BF2 on that particular computer before?

Comment

um well kinda...I played it with a different video card (which was 128 instead of 256 strangely enough)

Im pretty sure that was all that was different..Not 100% sure tho

Comment

Are you sure that BF2 supports that particular card. Also make sure your video card drivers are up to date. You can go to the Nvidia web site and find the drivers there. Also it might not be a punkbuster issue but try these steps out just to make sure.

1. Download this program.http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
                        2. Run the program, accepting the user agreement.
                        3. Un-install the 'services' then complete it by clicking the finish button.
                        3. Run the program, accepting the user agreement.
                        4. Install the 'services' then complete it by clicking finish.

Comment

DUDE! I ran a program on the Nvidia site and it told me what vid card I had and gave me the driver. I hope this works.

The driver it told me to download said it got released today! And the one I had before was like...94.57 and the new on was like 156.43

(Not those number, but they were about that far apart! XD I must have been way out of date.

Comment

Good luck, worst case senerio is maybe having to uninstall and then reinstall bf2.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa View Post
                              Good luck, worst case senerio is maybe having to uninstall and then reinstall bf2.
                              yea, thanks a billion man :yay::salute:

Comment

Working...
                              X