This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server question.

I saw the thread about all the server side options and what will determine if the server will be ranked or unranked. Now my question is will people that want to run a ranked server have to rent one out for X amount of dollars a month or will anyone be able to run a ranked server.

for the ranks to mean anything they will have to control the providers of ranked servers just like BF2, if you mean can you start a server on your lan and hack away at the game files and still have it count as "ranked" I highly doubt it.

Comment

Thanks for answering my question. I was just curious as to how IW were going to handle the ranked servers.

Comment

Let's just hope they stay up to date unlike bf2 ranked servers.

Comment

Anyone can run a ranked server as long as only the allowed options/variables are modified. There are no "preferred partners" game server providers crap that will run up the costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
            Anyone can run a ranked server as long as only the allowed options/variables are modified. There are no "preferred partners" game server providers crap that will run up the costs.
            great i hated that monopolyish system

Comment

So anybody can run a ranked server and then go get a few friends and stat pad away huh.

Comment

Maybe. Thing is, in COD4 it doesn't matter. The game is designed for people to rank up fairly quickly anyway, as IW actually WANTS people to unlock and use the various goodies, but with a bit of work...not the 1000's of hrs needed on BF2.

If people wanna stat-pad, meh, they're only denying themselves some fun.

Comment

It's kinda unbelievable, but maybe you're right. One thing - "ranked" allowed to change punkbuster on/off. Strange....

Comment

Let's not kid ourselves...having "preferred partner" GSP's didn't put much of a dent in stat-padding in games like BF2 anyway. People still did it openly.

Specific providers are only an excuse for a money-grab.

Comment

Alright, Stilla's question was answered - closing thread before it ends up off-topic.

Comment

Working...
                      X