Collectors Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectors Edition

Who's buying the limited collectors edition of COD4? I thought it looked pretty interesting, it's going for 60$ here at best buy, as opposed to 45$ for the regular COD4.

I'm getting the 45$ one but I can't find COD4 at any store here I called best buy if they have it they said no its releasing on Wednesday (wtf?) and there flyer says today.

Comment

I'm not getting it. I think the bonus is like a digital guide or something right? It'll be on the internet in under a week.

Comment

All stores around here are releasing on Wednesday... and $45? It's $49.99.... at least here it is.

Comment

The colectors edition is £34.99 here in the UK, only £5 more.

I think i'll be getting the crysis special edition and maybe settle for the normal CoD4 if i choose to get it .

Comment

Why is it soo expensive?

Here in Thailand, the game is 750 Baht, which is almost 24 - 25 dollars..

Wewt!

Comment

Which in turn is around £12. Pretty cheap lol.

Comment

Exactly, I don't see how they vary the price so much.

Comment

Taxes, international duties/tariffs, etc, etc. Each country has different laws that will often influence the price point.

Comment

I ordered the regular. If the LE has a digital guide, I`ll get it off the net.

Comment

I like the idea of the strategy guide, just for the top-down view and tips for the MP maps...but I'd want to have it easily available to view WHILE I run the game. I'd rather get the booklet in hardcopy format for that, instead of having to alt+tab out of the game for a digital version or print the damn thing out.

I like the colour of the regular version box better as well. I'll be going with that one.

Comment

The CE seemed pointless. Like Whiskey said, physically having the strategy guide in front of you is a lot better.

If I would get the CE, I would get the CE for 360. A DVD about the SAS, making of the game, etc., is a lot better than a strategy guide.

Comment

People learn the maps from guides? wth. What happened to playing?
                          I`ve never read a guide in my life and looks like I still don`t have to. Games haven`t become that complicated yet.

Comment

There's obviously no substitute for playing a map over and over again to learn it. But an overhead pic is also an obvious advantage - as with real life maps - and will help players get better even faster.

Comment

When you first get into a map, you are going to be confused. That is the only time I use a guide. I look at the over head picture of the map so I can locate where I am and what I can do. Once I learn the map, I am fine by myself. I can make my own strategies and my own classes. I don't need a guide to tell me what perks or weapons to use

Comment

Working...
                              X