Nekomota v A8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nekomota v A8

After playing many rounds on Highway Tampa the last week or so seems to me that the major imbalance between EU & PAC is the tanks.

The Nekomota is so much more mobile than the A8. What is different about the A8 to account for this advantage? More armour, smaller weak spots. Anytime I go up against an A8 in a hover tank I win and if reversed I lose. If I am EU I will drive to the nearest enemy base to get a hovertank rather than take the big boxy thing.

I like 'm both! I think the tiger can fire more accuratly because he doesnt float and its easier to aim.

That said Im in love with the hover tank. You can fight really easy and cool in that beast :P

I think the tiger tank is easier to use in urban terrain and behind cover. So use it there!

Comment

The Tiger can hide in almost all maps, because it blends in well with the surroundings, unlike the flashy hover engines of the Nekomata.

the Tiger also does well in a squad of infantry, where the Neko fails miserably, because everytime it fires, it's gonna overrun a team mate that's close to the tank.

The Tiger is better at long range fights, because of the stable firing platform it provides.

The Tiger can come to a quick stop if there are motion mines... Try doing that with a Nekomata.

In tank vs tank fights the nekomata dominates, but in all other categories, it pretty much fails.

Comment

The thing is, the nekomata is a mobility based tank, it does not have a pivoting turret, which would mean several vulnerabilities, the tiger can hide in almost and spot, and turn its turret at its target, whereas the nekomata would have to move its whole body, which would mean that it might not fit in the hiding spot etc.

The nekomata, I would say, is an attack based tank, while the A8 is a support tank.

Comment

Split the differences:

Nekomata is wicked maneuverable.. get good with it and you can circle your target faster than they can follow. Harder to hit from long ranges. Stable enough for long range tank sniping if you can control the movement, but it's not easy. Staying still is a pain in the butt on uneaven terrain. Can run away from you if you get out to SAAW a gunship / repair.

A8: More stable than the Neko, a little better for long range sniping. Less maneuverable. Turret can move independently from the body. A mixed blessing.

Tank v. infantry: Neko's a little easier to squish bad guys because it can strafe laterally as well as foward / backward.

Tank v. walker: At long range, either one. CQC, The Neko can keep it's weak spot away from the walkers guns faster, and still be in the fight. Also doesn't get caught on domb stuff like rocks and lightposts... it just loses it's position and sight picture.

Tank v. tank: CQC, Neko can maneuver to the A8s rear faster for the kill. Long range, take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by n3cr0m4nc3r View Post
            Split the differences:

Nekomata is wicked maneuverable.. get good with it and you can circle your target faster than they can follow. Harder to hit from long ranges. Stable enough for long range tank sniping if you can control the movement, but it's not easy. Staying still is a pain in the butt on uneaven terrain. Can run away from you if you get out to SAAW a gunship / repair.

A8: More stable than the Neko, a little better for long range sniping. Less maneuverable. Turret can move independently from the body. A mixed blessing.

Tank v. infantry: Neko's a little easier to squish bad guys because it can strafe laterally as well as foward / backward.

Tank v. walker: At long range, either one. CQC, The Neko can keep it's weak spot away from the walkers guns faster, and still be in the fight. Also doesn't get caught on domb stuff like rocks and lightposts... it just loses it's position and sight picture.

Tank v. tank: CQC, Neko can maneuver to the A8s rear faster for the kill. Long range, take your pick.

wow your on them forums, next time I see you in the RiP server I will have my knife out.

Comment

also the nekomata reloads his bullets a second faster than the eu one so im rather to stay in the pac tank because of its reload speed and engine speed.
              But yea like other people said the tiger is more accurate if it becomes to great distance shooting so.

Comment

Aye...A8 is good as an artillery platform - just drop shots from far away...though it has nothing to prevent armor coming near you, so you have to be in some remote place. Neko is excellent in cramped areas because of its mobility.

I say they're even...just that circumstances to use Neko occur more than for A8.

Comment

Long range: A8 > Nekomata

Short range: A8 < Nekomata

Comment

In my humble opinion the neko is much better than the A8.
                    It is very rare to loose a fight with the A8, in long distances it´s easy to dodge the shell from the a8, just straff a little and it misses.
                    In cqc it´s not even fair.
                    When i am in a A8 I will never fire against a neko before I mount a trap with motion mines or if I cant get a tail shot. The tank is slower and two shots from the neko and youre history.
                    Long range shots with the neko are as easy as with the A8 just get a little using and dont try to shoot when climbing or descending something.

Comment

Originally posted by -(UtC)- Iquere «

Same here. I like to use the A8 More, I dunno, just feels more like a tank to me. However, since I have a G5, I love grabbing a Neko from the enemy base and then turning sensitivity up to high Its so funny watching enemy Nekos struggling to keep you in their sights cause you are strafing around them so fast!

Comment

A secret to using the Tiger on Tampa is to travel together with another Tiger and/or APC. Do not cap flags/silos, but support those that do. Try to mass fire with other tanks to destroy the Nekomatas.

Comment

Honestly, either is good. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. You just have to learn to use your strengths and make up for or protect against your weaknesses.

A8 vs Nekomata - keep your turret facing the Nekomata while spinning your base to be perpendicular to it. Now you can dodge his rounds quite easily, much easier than he can yours. Watch his direction of travel. Remember, he is floating and has to fight his own momentum to stop and strafe in the opposite direction. If he is coming towards you, angle your tracks so you can strafe and reverse at the same time. If he gets in close and tries to strafe around you and get to your back, keep it in reverse while you are spinning your tracks to fight him. You can rotate your turret as well, so while he is trying to get behind you, spin yourself and then hit forward and get behind him or at least his sides. The biggest key to win a fight with a Nekomata is to lead your shots. The Nekomata's biggest weakness is it's own momentum.

Nekomata vs A8 - move in strafing to avoid his attacks. Try not to let your sideways momentum build up so you can quickly change strafing direction if he fires in your current strafe path. When you do get close enough, strafe around them to get to his rear. When you are strafing around him, keep your rear in the direction of your strafe so that he can't counter you and get to your own rear weakness, which is fairly easy to do if they know what they're doing.

When I'm in a tank, I'll rarely lose to another tank of either type. I can't really remember any times I've lost to another tank when it's just tank vs tank. When I lose, it's usually because of a pilum firing at me or a damn motion mine I didn't see. I try to avoid going into any silo areas when in a tank because more times than not, there are motion mines near it. I'll just protect those that do go in to cap the silos. Also, when an engineer is hiding behind something for cover from your tank, aim for something near them so your splash damage can hit 'em. Suez for example. You know the trench type things that have a roof over them? People like to hid in those behind the wall thinking it is protection. When they do that, shoot the underside of the roof above them, it'll kill 'em :P

Comment

Originally posted by -(UtC)- Iquere «

i agree 110% !

The majority of the people playing on pub servers tend to play more or less the same way. Kills = points so every time they see an enemy they rush to it head on and pump it full of lead.

Quite many of these "major imalance","need to buff weapon X" or "X is overpovered" threads seem to start when people try to use a weapon that doesn't suit that kind of play.

Comment

I take your point about the A8 being a more stable firing platform but have to agree with the previous poster. Anything your firing at will quickly close down the distance before you can kill it. As for the A8 blending into the scenery! No, the enemy hit indicator will quickly tell him where you are.

The only time I find you can safely shoot something from range is when an enemy walker is capping a flag or behind a wall.

I'm not asking for a nerf or buff - just struck me as one of the only imbalances in the game. Some points about stability and range are valid points though so thanks. Like I said, i'll just nick a neko from an enemy base.

Comment

Working...
                              X