• Show
Clear All

• Help Me! Low Frame Rates

Hey
    first off my system is:
    VISTA: Home premium at 32bit
    AMD 64X TL-60 at 2GHz
    2GB of RAM
    ATI radeon Xpress series. dxdiag says i have 830MB of ram but when I bought it it said it was 512. so confused about that. lol.

anyway. I figure this system is more than capable of playing bf2142. So thats why i bought it. as my pc at home is a lesser spec with XP and has no problem doing it.

but when I run bf2142 now it starts up fine, laods the maps quick n cherpy. but then as soon as i click join it just fuzzes up and jumps and lags stupidly. the frame rate is so slow and the sound follows it.

I've tried so many things, including just putting my graphics stuff to basic and I even downloaded those hotkeys microsoft recently released. and no joy!!!

I just realy need help with this guys becuase I have no clue what the hell is wrong. I change all the options to low and then High. and it makes no diffrence at all.

can anyone suggest anything?

Are you having any problems running any other games??

Comment

ATI radeon Xpress series.
      I have a feeling that has something to do with it.

Comment

Try updating the drivers for your video card. Try turning off all shadow and lighting effects... could also be a problem with vista maybe....

Comment

Put the audio rendering to software instead of hardware, by how you describe it it sound like thats the problem.

Comment

yeah^^ or it's defiantly that GFX card.

Comment

well audio on hardware rendering causes pretty much things to but no lagg it only plays all the sounds like its 1p so you will keep hearing the repeating gunfire etc.

Comment

Working...
              X