Installing New drivers- Directions for a 14 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing New drivers- Directions for a 14 year old

Ok, i know this doesnt have anything to do with bf2 because i dont need to update drivers for this game, but i want to for UT3 and when i dloaded it it would let me play because my drivers arent up to date. So, i need some1 who can give me directions(and ones that a 14 year old who doesnt know much bout comps can understand) on how to update them, and yes ive gone to the Nvidia webpage and read it, but i dont know if theres other stuff i gotta do. Also, will installing the new drivers(which r betas i think) screw up the other games i got now?

Find out the make and version of the hardware you want to install new drivers for.
    Goto the manufacturers website, navigate your way around the site until you find the correct driver for your hardware.
    Download and follow the installation. Then restart your pc.

These days its pretty simple to install drivers, theres no need to uninstall the old ones and all that crap.

New drivers may have some affect on older games although its is very rare that the game will beocme unplayable.

Comment

well what i did up to the process was go the nvidia website, the driver page where it gives u these choices of the kind of card like GeForce, then the one u have which i put in 8600 GTS, then it lead me to this page where i can begin the dload, so if i start it, should i be okay?

Comment

wat are ur system specs?

u can try going to driverguide.com and having them scan ur comptuer for u. then theyll tell u what drivers needs to be updated.

and yes start downloading. then open/run the installer. and in case it isnt WQHL certified, ull get a popup saying "The drivers u are installing for 8600gt have not been certified" and juts hit continue anyway. its fine

Comment

well im not too sure on the details for the specs, but what i can give u r, its a PCI-E motherboard i think, umm im operating on Windows XP...

Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.40GHz
          1.00 GB of RAM( thats probably alittle low, but i gotta deal with it)
          Nvidia GeForce 8600GTS/ Driver-162.18

Comment

Go here and click download now

That should do it.

PS, oh the irony of your name and this thread =D

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
              Go here and click download now

That should do it.

PS, oh the irony of your name and this thread =D
              thats not the newest set... that is the 169.04's they seem to boost a major increase in performance and stability even though they are beta's and here lately beta's are running better than official releases.

Just run driver cleaner pro, reboot into safe mode run DCpro again then after you boot into normal install the new drivers and reboot once more and thats it..t akes usually 5mins.

Comment

Your all making this confusing for him! lol

Comment

Your right Repulse, thats the kinda directions that i was hoping to avoid, because as i mentioned earlier, IM ONLY 14, how the hell am i gonna know wtf your talking about, because i get that kinda advice all the frekin time. I liked it better when that guy said, Just Click here and dload. i love those kinda directions,

PS, oh the irony of your name and this thread =D[/QUOTE]

I dont get what you mean, sry, but please explain.

K it didnt work, it might be because i put it in the wrong folder, so ill check that out, but im thinkin that i might have to uninstall the other driver that i have

Comment

Working...
                  X