Mod not working. please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod not working. please Help!

ok, I keep downloading mods, but when I start a single player or create a local game, it starts loading but then crashes to the desktop! At first I thought it was just the mod, but now I nknow it is my machine. What should i do?

What mod is it? Some mods don't support single player. Mods like Project Reality don't support single player but you can download the single player mini mod. Local games can be created for sure on all mods. Perhaps you didn't download the latest BF2 patch? If nothing else works, try to look for the mod's site/forums.

Comment

Everything is so specialized nowdays... Well, to me, if the game crashes during loading then it seems to be a problem with the mod. Do you have Vista? (not sure if that makes a difference in this case) Like youm0nt said some mods like PR don't support single player but when you start up a map on those mods usually it'll CTD right away. What percentage does it seem to crash at? Have you tried modifying or changeing any contents within the mod? If you have, most likely it will crash at 15% which is when it begins to load the objects.server file. All mods share the same format so it is easy to find what your looking for if you just browse through it but unless you changed something, it shouldn't crash, normally, that is. I'm pretty sure mods like PR don't even come with SP maps... I think you have to download them separately. Try running the mod in windowed mode... sometimes this will produce a pop up when it CTD giving you the identification/location of the problem/error.

Comment

Exactly which mods have you tried? As said above, many do not support SP or co-op in the standard release but may have mini-mods to add that support. Can you start a local server in normal conquest mode? Are you running the latest BF2 patch 1.41 which most mods probably require?

Comment

Im assuming that vanilla works fine?

Comment

Working...
          X