punkbuster condoning knife fights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punkbuster condoning knife fights?

So I guess you're either a knife / pistol guy or not.

I believe if you pay for a server you should be able to do what you want....

BUT,

I personally hate knife pistol servers. They're everywhere.
    Combined with the French love affair with infantry only servers it's becoming rather difficult to find a normal game....I digress................

I was kicked the other day (so what) by punkbuster for using a gun on a knife server. This server didn't advertise as such on it's load screen and as I had only just joined the game I hadn't read the "in game rules"

So, if Punkbuster kicked me for not knifing, are they saying it's legal in their eyes?

Rather a large oversight if they're supposed to be working together with ea, but allow admins to kick for not knifing around.

Just a small observation.........

It could have been the admin kicking you manually as far as I know.

Comment

You wasn't kicked by Punkbuster, you was kicked by an admin who saw you using a gun on a K+P server. IMO EA should just get together go on every server and play normally, the ones they get kicked from aka stat pad servers should be removed.

"If you want knife only servers, find a First Person Knifer, Not a first person Shooter"

Comment

Originally posted by =MNKY=Frosty
        You wasn't kicked by Punkbuster, you was kicked by an admin who saw you using a gun on a K+P server.
        Exactly.
        You need to understand that Punkbuster detects hacks and modified content.
        Exploits, glitches, statspadding etc. are beyond the scope of Punkbuster.

Comment

Yup, Vreki and Frosty are 100% correct.

The admins just often use the PB kick (as opposed to the rcon kick) as the method for kicking you because it is able to display a reason to you about why you were kicked after you are out of the server.

Comment

Originally posted by [gT]VT_NERD View Post
            Yup, Vreki and Frosty are 100% correct.

The admins just often use the PB kick (as opposed to the rcon kick) as the method for kicking you because it is able to display a reason to you about why you were kicked after you are out of the server.
            I would like to know how many hackers have you cought since the big bang??? I have not seen your server name, so i take it your no steaming or anything.

Comment

BF2142 has no kick facility. All player management is made by using Punkbuster provided by even balance.com

Punkbuster gives admins the facility to kick or ban people etc.

Strangely enough most of the other facilities like idle kickjs swear filters are not facilitated by PB just the end tool of them. These are worked out by third party programs like 2412cc.
              Admins work is not that easy you know. Keeping them all working in unison can be a nightmare.

back on topic as an admin I don't encourage but nor do I prevent or interfere with the occasional player or two challenging and having a knifefight. As long as there is no reviving etc going on I think it all adds an element to the game

I would not like it carrying on the whole game though lol

Comment

Working...
              X