G3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G3

I was just checking out the demo, and when i picked up the G3, i was astonished.

I used to be a big G3 fan in Battlefield 2.

When i picked up the gun in the demo it turned out to be a artillery gun FFS,
    The hallway in on "the second floor" got cleared by me, shooting through two walls, and still dropping everyone instantly.

Imagine what that would do in MP with perks "Deep impact" and "Stopping Power". :shock:

Too bad it needs a level 25 rank (2nd Lieutenant) to be able to play it in MP.

Anyone else noticed the potential for this weapon, and what do u think it will do to MP balance of COD4?

G3 is a very powerful gun in real life.

I remember in Delta Force BHD, it was unbelievable - but really, it wasn't "used by everyone", it's pretty slow ROF and only has 20 rounds - meaning in CQB situations it hardly ever came top it was great medium-long distances though.

Shooting through walls isn't really useful on CoD4, a good player will take you down before you or they have a chance to get behind a wall and with only 20 rounds, you're exposing yourself by spraying into the wall, as soon as you go for that reload ... just takes a guy with a SMG to run around at you.

Comment

Well, I unlocked it in the beta when they raised the level cap to 25 (By the way, its not hard to do ). When I unlocked it, I found out it was semi-auto. I guess this was how IW decided to balance it out more in MP. Of course, it may be different in the PC version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mutley View Post
        G3 is a very powerful gun in real life.

I remember in Delta Force BHD, it was unbelievable - but really, it wasn't "used by everyone", it's pretty slow ROF and only has 20 rounds - meaning in CQB situations it hardly ever came top it was great medium-long distances though.

Shooting through walls isn't really useful on CoD4, a good player will take you down before you or they have a chance to get behind a wall and with only 20 rounds, you're exposing yourself by spraying into the wall, as soon as you go for that reload ... just takes a guy with a SMG to run around at you.
        OMFG I LOVED THAT GUN!!!!!!! D you still play DF:BHD?

LOL real G3 is uncontrolable in auto, so don't exept it in auto mode in the PC version, BTW IT AINT A CQB WEAPON.

Comment

If the G3 is also single shot only in PC MP, I don't see it being used that much except by people that are fans of the gun because the auto snipers are more powerful and shoot just as fast.

Comment

DF:BHD For the win... too many Car-15 whores though

Yeah, the G3 is really powerful, but I see more smg/automatic use in MP

Comment

It kinda annoys me that you use the standard "pull bolt back, remove mag, put in new one, slap it down" for the G3 but not the MP5.

Comment

Working...
              X