Graphics Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Graphics Card

I am looking at buying a new pc to run games faster and was wondering about graphics cards.

I have seen the $700 cards but i have also ssen some cheaper cards as well.

I have seen a Gigabyte GF8600GT 512mb at around $180. Is this is a bad card because it is cheap?

Hi there~!!!

I do not think it is a bad graphic card.

I think it's one of the good ones you can find.

And I don't think $180 is cheap for a graphic card. ^^

Also which graphic card was $700???

Comment

No its not bad at all, but not great. You can get them for $130 if you hunt around. I saw an ATI x1950Pro for $120 on newegg a while ago. The 1950 is the better card if you don't plan on using the DX10 games coming out soon. You may want to check pricewatch.com too.

Comment

You won't be able to play DX10 games with a 8600gt, so it really doesn't matter. The X1950's are good cards, but if you spend a little ore you can get the 8800gt which is the card of choice at the moment.

Comment

or be patient and watch used 8series cards when they release the 9series cards in a few months... prices will fall on current stuff as well.

Comment

yeah if u want real DX10, wait for hte 9 series.

Comment

or you can wait for some computer store to have rebates

about the 8600GT, thats not a bad card and thats quite cheap where i live for a graphic card, you still see ATIs and NVidias go for $190 which are abit below that. personally im not familar with NVidias, been using ATi for a long time but to me that seems reasonable.

Comment

If you get a soup'y card make sure you get a good PSU to fuel it.

Comment

I'm using a 512mb X1950 Pro and it works fairly well. I've always been an Nvidia man myself, but after a few recommendations I went for the ATI card over the 8600 series. A 512mb card would be best if you can get it.

Comment

you DO NOT WANT AN 8600 SERIES CARD.

ok, now that i've calmed down, an x1950 for USD $110-150, or an 8800GTS for ~$180USD or and 8800GT for $250USD is what you want to buy.

for AA and res, when push comes to shove, an 8600 series is as about as good an overclocked 6600gt, with variation depending on models.

8600 is the pants.

Comment

Working...
                    X