Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would This Laptop Even Come CLose To Playing BF2???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would This Laptop Even Come CLose To Playing BF2???

Hey Guys,

I've Given Up Playing BF2 And Moving Onto A Laptop, If You Wanna See My Crap COmputer:

P4 3.00GHZ Gaming Pc Ram: 1GB DDR (Upgradeble To 4GB) CPU: Pentium 4 3.00 GHZ Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 X1050 Series Audio: Realtek AC97 Audio ...

SO Im Getting A Laptop And I Wanted To Know WOuld This Computer Come Even Close To Playing BF2??, If Not Could I Upgrade Anything That Would Help, If Not Ill Just Get Back Into Cs:s

1) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/L...-124516538.htm

2) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/L...-125474233.htm

3) http://www.trademe.co.nz/Computers/L...-125796931.htm

As I Said, I Can Upgrade Ram Etc, But I Dont Know Crap About Upgrading Laptops

Just Say What Numbers Best

\Thanks

The pc is the same as the laptop also, why pay for a new laptop when you can upgrade your desktop for cheaper.

I would personally get another 1GB of RAM, 512MB XFX GeForce 7950GT, Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer. After getting these you will be laughing and will be able to play any game currently thrown at it.

It also depends how much money you have aswell, it might be a cheaper option to rebuild the computer for PCI-E or do the above, depends where you live in the world and what prices you can get.

Comment

The Reason Is School :P, Btw Fast Reply

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_Slater View Post
        The Reason Is School :P, Btw Fast Reply

Don't schools have their own computers?

Comment

College, I Mean.... How Do You Change The Video Card In A Laptop??? i Didnt Think You COuld

Comment

Unless the video card is socketed and not soldered, you don't. And laptops that have upgradeable video are far and few between, and highly doubtful that the one you are looking at does.

Comment

yeah ugrding ur desktop is way better but i am in uni as well and i ordered a laptop from a custom gaming site for 1400$ USD with a couple of upgrdes so if i were u in getting a lappy i would go with either a place that custom builds it for u or the best prebuilt laptop which is the ASUS G2S or G1S.

Comment

if your looking for a gaming laptop, just order one online from Dell or someplace, if you got room in your dorm room/apartment than just keep your desktop, thats what i did freshman yr, i had room in my dorm room so i just took my desktop

but ya what eagle101 said

Comment

well too bad i have no room i just bought a pc chair and a 26" tv for back home i can barely move in my room its like a trench lol, listen buddy u wanna get a laptop it must have the following:

C2D procs
                  2gigs ram 667 speed
                  Hard Drive must run @ 72K rpm
                  GFX must be either the 7950GT or 8600M GT! check www.notebookforums.com for better eviews and help for a laptop hunt!

Comment

These are the specs of my laptop and I can run setting at medium and 100% draw distance and resolution at 1024 x 768.

P4 2.8ghz
                    pc 3200 ram 1gb
                    ati 128mb 9700 video card.

So anything similar or above those specs you will be fine.

Comment

First one looks OK although you might need to keep the settings low to run at the LCD's native resolution (SXGA+ = 1400x1050) and I'd probably upgrade the RAM and hard drive (fairly easy to do). The 2nd one uses Intel GMA 950 graphics which won't run BF2. I'd also avoid the third since they don't mention the brand or model or what kind of video; as an ultra-portable it's probably also using GMA 950.

Comment

As jdrou said, only the first laptop would play BF2, since Intel's integrated chips do not support it. But it will hardly play any better than your current PC.

You could upgrade your current PC. You do NOT need a 7950GT. That would be pointless since your CPU would bottleneck it far before the GPU would reach its full potential. I have a 3GHz P4 (Prescott) and it bottlenecks my 7600GT. So anything faster than that would be a waste of money. Adding another gig of ram would make BF2 a lot smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle101 View Post
                          ...listen buddy u wanna get a laptop it must have the following:

C2D procs
                          2gigs ram 667 speed
                          Hard Drive must run @ 72K rpm
                          GFX must be either the 7950GT or 8600M GT! check www.notebookforums.com for better eviews and help for a laptop hunt!
                          72,000 rpm ?!? where can i get one?
                          "Crunch's First Officer"
                          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

A 7,200rpm drive is nice but I'd rather have a larger 5,400rpm drive. Whatever advantage the faster drive has is not worth paying more money for less capacity. Video, RAM, and CPU are all more important than disk speed; I wouldn't get a 7200rpm drive unless all those specs were maxed out already and I had money to burn.

Comment

the 72k is a must! lol u can get them in sites like Sager or Hypersonic as i said this site notebookforums.com is veru good if ur lappy hunting and i game on my lappy's HDD and put all inu files on a external 40gb HDD i found it very helpful! right u dont really need a 7950GT i totally agree all u need is a 76 or 86 mobile it runs bf2 on max for me with 8aa!

Comment

Working...
                              X