Running BF2 in XP Limited account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running BF2 in XP Limited account?

anybody have any tips? Ive given the Battlefield 2 folder rights for user accounts. which worked w/ BF2142. but it doesnt work w/ BF2 for some reason. when i launch the game w/ a limited account and go to join a server it tells me "Invalid CD-Key". works fine when i run it in Admin though. i just prefer to not use Admin

ideas? suggestions? solutions?

thanks

edit: ok i seemed to have missed this the first time i searched

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...18&postcount=4

can anyone verify this? what would be the solution? to install it again to another directory in the limited account as admin and change it back to limited after? to rerun the patch in limited? because the game was installed in admin (obviously).

Originally posted by filament View Post
    to install it again to another directory in the limited account as admin and change it back to limited after? to rerun the patch in limited? because the game was installed in admin (obviously).
    Those could work; the issue is that patches since 1.03 have started encoding the CD key in the registry and the encoding ties it to that Windows account. Another possibility is to edit the registry after you patch; find the CD key (search for 'ergc') and replace the long string of bytes with just x9392 followed by your plain text CD key. That is still considered 'encoded' but should work with any account I believe.

Comment

Working...
    X