Servers with high ticket numbers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servers with high ticket numbers...

Could someone please tell me some server names/isp's that play games with high ticket numbers, because i like to play long games that have 500 or more tickets sometimes, thanks.

Tickets are controlled by the server value bf2_ticketratio, which should always be '100' for a ranked server. I suppose you could try using the advanced search over at game-monitor.com to search for servers with a higher ticketratio. you could also do this with a custom filter using qtracker.

your best bet for longer games is to play 64 player maps with around 10-20 people on them.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Ranked servers are not allowed to modify the variable that controls ticket ratio.

You can play unranked and use game-monitor.com to find a server, but you won't be playing for points.

Comment

Just search for "high point" Its alot more fun when rounds last longer

Comment

rounds in PR last a longg time

Comment

Originally posted by [gT]VT_NERD View Post
            Ranked servers are not allowed to modify the variable that controls ticket ratio.
            true, but I found 2:

=GT= [MGN] Infantry Maps * : 85.114.141.107:16567 - Mashtuur City / (ticketcount 500)
            [MGN] ! WORLD WAR germanywakeisland : 85.214.58.160:16567 - Strike At Karkand / (ticketcount 350)

:hmm:
            "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

:yay: nice one thanks.

Just so you know, i don't use high ticket servers for padding, thats just what noobs do.

Comment

those were the only 2 that were supposedly ranked. There were a lot that weren't ranked. I could pull you a list if you want.
                "Crunch's First Officer"

Comment

Originally posted by ShredderTitan View Post
                  :yay: nice one thanks.

Just so you know, i don't use high ticket servers for padding, thats just what noobs do.
                  If you play there and earn points in a ranked server, then you are still padding.

If you don't use high ticket servers for padding then you will have no problem playing on servers that are unranked.

Comment

How is high ticket number padding any more than playing multiple rounds of the same map?

Comment

u get more points per round. so some medals require like 100 pts in a round and its easier to get that with higher tickets

Comment

Who gives a sh*t?...?

Comment

I think the highest "legal" ticket number is 300. There are "modded" servers that claim to be ranked (they show up as ranked) but they have an own ranking system. I played on one and the tickets were like 800 at the beginning or sum. You don't get the points etc counted for your "original" stats though.

I don't know how you manipulate the ticket number when starting a server, but I would say, that if EA/DICE gives the player the possibility to make the round last longer increasing the tickets, then it's legal.
                          I think illegal illegal servers are servers that enforce rules that are against the BFROE, like "no commander", "pistol/knife only", "don't capture Factory", "US only capture Hotel" etc.

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ShredderTitan View Post
                            Could someone please tell me some server names/isp's that play games with high ticket numbers, because i like to play long games that have 500 or more tickets sometimes, thanks.
                            If you are willing to try the Point of Existence 2 mod - preview video - I think you will find the Tactical Gamer server to your liking. We run 200 ticket ratio(600 tickets for 64 maps) so the rounds last about 30-45 minutes(1 round per map)...combine this with our high regards for tactics/teamwork/maturity and you get a gameplay environment that feels a lot more epic. Teams push hard back and forth throughout the course of a round and there is plenty of time to enjoy a favorite vehicle or try various roles in one round. I've had the pleasure of playing under this ticket ratio since bf2's release and I wouldn't have it any other way...ranked play is just too deathmatchy for my tastes. I get much more immersed with the longer rounds.

Comment

Working...
                            X