No announcement yet.

K1ll@x clan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We as a clan we pay for our server.. but if you get a problem player you ban him.. end of problem.. he wont be back again causing problem and as an admin that is what your there to do.. banning a whole squad for a few players actions is an easy lazy way out of doing your admin job correctly.

one more thing.. I find it hard to understand these admins that ban whole clans, then go and play on the clans server they have banned.

Comment

Well, Fish, you're obviously allowed to have your own opinions about things.

But, when 'undesired players' just pop back in to create more havoc later on, the easy (call it lazy if you want to) thing to do is ban the clan tag.

I believe that individual members do speak for the group. Appeals are welcome, but after showing up in the server and repeatedly breaking the rules and getting Warned > Kicked, the next action is Ban. It's just that easy.

You can admin your servers how you like. I'm not currently an admin, so it doesn't matter much to me anyway.

Comment

One of major problems is that Gib is so popular. To be honest it could do with an admin sitting in it 24/7 but thats not possible.

Better to make an absolute decision than worry about the conduct of the MINORITY of a clan.

Apart from the N@M thing which is not my decision this si the first time a clan has been made unwelcome on any server.

As it happens we have been discussing this with one of the K1ll@x clan on our forum. We have rached what I hope is an acceptable agreement.
        D3LIT3 is as always welcome on our servers because he doesnt baserape and I know all he really wants to do is go stab people.

Lazy admin? Me? Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
          if you left BF2142 why are you here?? and why write pathetic posts?
          Originally posted by RMcLeod View Post
          Took the words right out of my mouth!
          Originally posted by NoseKi||s View Post
          And actually there's more whining here on the forums than in the game. So what you could do is still play but just leave the forums alone..
          Just because i was interested in seeing what this guy would write about the killax clan.

It's just stupid that this admin bans entire clans. It's OK when you just ban the guys that don't follow the rules, but banning entire clans because of a few guys isn't really mature.

Good thing i only play with mature players and clans, because the numbers of mature people on the forums here is just something you can only cry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post
            Just because i was interested in seeing what this guy would write about the killax clan.

It's just stupid that this admin bans entire clans. It's OK when you just ban the guys that don't follow the rules, but banning entire clans because of a few guys isn't really mature.

Good thing i only play with mature players and clans, because the numbers of mature people on the forums here is just something you can only cry about.
            You just said you didn't play anymore.

I may be stupid for banning an entire clan. However we don't have a shortage of decent players. I would rather leave some room from then than have another baseraper on.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
              banning a whole squad for a few players actions is an easy lazy way out of doing your admin job correctly.

one more thing.. I find it hard to understand these admins that ban whole clans, then go and play on the clans server they have banned.
              Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post
              JIt's just stupid that this admin bans entire clans. It's OK when you just ban the guys that don't follow the rules, but banning entire clans because of a few guys isn't really mature.
              Well, then you can label me as either lazy or immature, but I would rather play the game than babysit. I love how all of you freeloaders out there, call us out saying we are just lazy and not doing our job right. Last time I checked, no-one was paying me to be an admin, actually costs a good chunk of money every month. I don't do it so that I can spend my time policing the server, I do it so I can have a fun, smacktard free environment, to play the game in. We provide servers for all of you to play on, some of you decide to come in and break rules that we have set in place and then complain that we aren't being fair when you are banned. Think about what would happen if all the clans decided to shut down their servers and you were only left with the EA servers to play on, I'll bet most of you would quit playing the game. I'm guessing most of you never even visit the EA servers but spend all your time in clan servers because they do have active admins.

I've said it before in these forums, if you don't like the server rules or admins on a particular server, don't go back. If enough people do that then they will either shut it down or change the way they are doing things. But a lot of you criticize very popular servers, so the servers and admins of those must be doing what the majority of the players want done.

Comment

Harsh, but well-said, Skates.

Comment

Timeless newsletter now out

Our first newsletter is available for download now.

Its really just a bit of fun and to poke fun at oursleves really.

You can win a free reserved slot to all our servers for one month in some of the competitions though.

Check our website for more details.

www.timelessgaming.com

Oh thought i had started a new thread but must have hit reply. Sorry to go off topic lol

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
                    Well, then you can label me as either lazy or immature, but I would rather play the game than babysit. I love how all of you freeloaders out there, call us out saying we are just lazy and not doing our job right. Last time I checked, no-one was paying me to be an admin, actually costs a good chunk of money every month. I don't do it so that I can spend my time policing the server, I do it so I can have a fun, smacktard free environment, to play the game in. We provide servers for all of you to play on, some of you decide to come in and break rules that we have set in place and then complain that we aren't being fair when you are banned. Think about what would happen if all the clans decided to shut down their servers and you were only left with the EA servers to play on, I'll bet most of you would quit playing the game. I'm guessing most of you never even visit the EA servers but spend all your time in clan servers because they do have active admins.

I've said it before in these forums, if you don't like the server rules or admins on a particular server, don't go back. If enough people do that then they will either shut it down or change the way they are doing things. But a lot of you criticize very popular servers, so the servers and admins of those must be doing what the majority of the players want done.
                    I am an admin on our own server which we pay for out of our own pockets so i dont appreciate been called a freeloader.. As an admin you have responsibilities.. and if you find that you have to ban whole clan rather than ban each individual on his or her action alone, then yes it is a lazy way of policing. you go on about the nusance player.. once banned he wont be a nusnace anymore so i cant see your argument..

But as an admin you have responibilities weather you like it or not and policing is one you have to fufill.. if you like playing than being an admin or you would rather ban a whole squad than individual players to save you time when individual players need banning then have you thought that you may not be the type of person to be an admin?

I know we clans pay for our server but we are also tied as to what we are allowed to kick and ban someone for. If an admin bans someone for bunnyhopping then that person can report that server and that admin.. so for banning someone who has never been on your server has the right to report that server/admin.. correct me if im wrong..

dont take this post as a personal attack on you.. we are discussing this topic with a mature attitude.. lets keep it such.

Comment

Too many "personal" feelings getting in the way here.

Post shouldnt have been made, but handled internally.

You pay for the server, you have to make a decision for whats best on the whole, even unpopular ones.

Ive been banned for wearing my tags on a few other servers. Did I think it was right, no. Anything I can do about it, no.

Money talks, others walk.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I am an admin on our own server which we pay for out of our own pockets so i dont appreciate been called a freeloader.. As an admin you have responsibilities.. and if you find that you have to ban whole clan rather than ban each individual on his or her action alone, then yes it is a lazy way of policing.
                        Then I guess I'm lazy, I can live with that.

Comment

I have been banned for clan reasons, or even for just too many clan members on one server.

Now i can see your point Catziggy, and im not calling you lazy, i have never been an admin, but i know many and when they spend a whole round kicking and banning people, i know they get EXTREMELY bored and frustrated and pissed cos it doesnt exatcly make their stats shine with glory, so i can see what you are saying, but i also think what Fish and other people are saying is correct. If a clan who you like comes on, and say some members break the rules repeatedly, you cant not ban that whole clan now, if you are going to ban K1ll@x clan. That is unfair, which is why i think banning there whole clan from the server is a bit over the top.

Comment

I am an admin on our own server which we pay for out of our own pockets so i dont appreciate been called a freeloader...
                            I'm... pretty sure Skates wasn't addressing YOU directly with the freeloader label, but everyone else who isn't actually laying down money to run a server.

Also, while I agree with your sentiment that admins have a responsibility to actually admin, it's delusional to expect somebody who's paying for a server to do nothing but spend their time eyeballing the proceedings for suspicious activity. Set the rules, make them known, and play. When somebody does something obnoxious enough to make themselves known, whack them with the ban hammer. Saying it's an all or nothing proposition is just... nuts.

Comment

(EDIT: I've got to post a correction: our community has only banned individuals. I was wrong. It seems that bans were used to get the attention of leadership so that we could engage them about their member's behavior. I apologize for posting incorrect information.)

The community I play with uses perma-bans for egregious violations only. So, folks banned by BandOfBrothers can come back in a few days and play again.

That allows for folks to change their behavior if they want to. It also allows for those who don't want to change to return and continue their shenanigans. If those same folks keep returning and causing problems, then their tag may be banned. I've seen the same group of people return to use their "glitches and exploits" time-and-time again. Besides, there's always a chance to appeal any admin decision by posting in our forums or joining our TS.

I'm not sure how this is unfair or lazy. But, it does allow for us to play as well as admin on our servers we pay for.

For one, I'm getting kind of tired of a particular person stating that his way of doing things is the only good way to do it. Talk about immature... :shakehead

But, I'm not currently an admin anyways and my clan has stopped playing 2142. It looks like we are decommisioning our 2142 servers anyways to prepare for CoD4 and our TF2 server has been getting traffic, too.

Comment

Maybe thats why I made the thread. To get attention from K1ll@X. I have no more wish to ban anyone let alone a whole clan.

I make threads to open debate and to sensationalise something that other people would not otherwise have any input in.
                                In a way you can delete the word K1ll@x out the thread heading and substitute any clan you like.

At the end of the day its drawing ateention to the issue and opening discussion. If they learn from it fine. If we learn from it even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X