comp will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comp will not start

i have had it working for about a month. i was getting an error that there was new hardware and to install the os agian, so then i turned my comp off and press the cmos button to reset it. then i turn it on and get the same problem, then i turned it off and now when i turn it on nothing on the screen happens and the gpu fan stays at 100%.

I've never heard of that error before, maybe it was a virus.
    Do you get to the POST screen or does the monitor stay on standby?
    Do you have an internal pc speaker, does it beep at all?

Comment

ok so when i pressed the cmos button i turned it on and it asked if i wanted to setup or run normally. so i clicked setup and changedthe fsb from 1333 stock to 1350. then i restarted it and the os said new hadware found, then i click run in safemode then some blue screen, so then i turned it off and now it doesnt do anything but stay on with nothing on the screen.

Comment

My old laptop did the same thing when my hard drive died. How is your HDD have you tested it in another pc?

Comment

Originally posted by PayThePrice View Post
          My old laptop did the same thing when my hard drive died. How is your HDD have you tested it in another pc?
          ya i plugged a different one and also reformated the hard drive in the other comp that dont work.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is that either your power supply dead or HDD is dead. I was having to re-install the OS every day. When the power supply went... well you know it didn't work. Is it an older cpu? Just some things to get you started, hope you get it fixed.

Comment

my girlfriend just had the same problem.
              and it was the harddrive there was dead

Comment

Originally posted by mybulleturface View Post
                ok so when i pressed the cmos button i turned it on and it asked if i wanted to setup or run normally. so i clicked setup and changedthe fsb from 1333 stock to 1350. then i restarted it and the os said new hadware found, then i click run in safemode then some blue screen, so then i turned it off and now it doesnt do anything but stay on with nothing on the screen.
                Could you break it up in a bit more details?

I am not sure I understand what the "CMOS button" is that you are talking about, is it the key to enter the bios setup, the reset button on the cabinet or a BIOS reset utility?

And why did you increase the FSB when you had problems with your system? How much have you customized in the BIOS?
                You say that you had it working for a month, is that a month since you got it, or since you over clocked it or what?

If I understand it correctly the system does make it though POST without incidents, but hangs when booting windows?
                And the existing HD works in another computer, while a second HD also fails in this one. That ought to rule out HD failure.

Comment

I would press the CMOS button again and start the computer with no USB devices, apart from keyboard and mouse, and start normally if given the option.

Comment

lol i figure it out thxs for help.
                    it appers that the mobo bios v1.0 doesnt support e6*50, soi have to get a old cpu supported, then update the bios, then but my e6750 in.

MSI

Comment

You know, there are those who would think that "I just upgraded my CPU" was a relevant bit of information when trying to troubleshoot a computer.

Comment

Working...
                      X