Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how to join your own dedicated server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know how to join your own dedicated server?

Hi, i was wondering iof you could make a dedicated server with the bf2 dedicated server, and then join it somehow?

the last time i tried to join my own dedicated server, when i tried to go on "join local", it comes up red, as if the server is a different version and it doesnt let you join.

You need to connect from a different PC, as (surprsingly) a dedicated server can't also be a client.

Comment

I think it might be possible, but ithink it's something to do with the isp addresses

Comment

dedicated means the server is off of a machine thats dedicated to hosting the server so you would need another computer to connect to one.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem, go to server browser, find your server and connect. Or connect to IP: 127.0.0.1 or your IP address

Comment

u dont need another pc, find out what ur IP is and connect to it, ive done it so many times before

Comment

when i do that, it says that i have a newer version than the server, so does anyone know what patch i need for the dedicated server, it's just i do have the latest version of bf2, 1.41.

Comment

Working...
              X