Monitor Shutting Off Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monitor Shutting Off Problem

I got a weird problem and no clue why it happens.

Randomly while playing BF2 my monitor will stop working.

"Signal Lost" appears on the screen, and I can't retreive any image. alt tab does nothing, neither does ctrl alt del. The only solution is to restart manually. This also happened to me playing the Crysis demo. It might of also happened playing Oblivian.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

If it matters, my rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.13Ghz
    Vista Home Premium 32-bit
    2 gigs of DDR2 Ram
    Radeon x1950 Pro 512mb video card
    and the monitor is a 22-inch acer LCD Screen AL2223WD Silver Monitor.

wat power supply do u have?

Comment

380watt power supply, but the guy said it was closer to 450 watts, for some reason they under-estimate it or something like that.

Comment

well idk if the guy is wrong or right, but i do kno that 380 is def not enuff. i have a lower power system than urs and 400 is like barely enuff for mine

Comment

The bastard... I guess I'll have to get an external power supply or something.

What do you think I should get? Is there even such thing as an externaml power supply?

Comment

Originally posted by Infused View Post
            380watt power supply, but the guy said it was closer to 450 watts, for some reason they under-estimate it or something like that.

Don't know who the guy is but he's COMPLETELY full of ****e. PSU manufacturers are some of the worst scam artists in the computing industry. If it's not a reliable brand, halve or quarter the rated maximum current and you'll get the true value.

Comment

Working...
            X