Gfx Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gfx Settings

Are the settings in the demo going to be how the final game will be as far as graphics options are concerned? In this game there is no Dx7 or Dx9 mode, so for this game, are they just sticking to one thing like most games? I can the game on high decently, but I was just wondering about it.

I used Dx7 for CoD2 for max fps, but I always loved switching between Dx7 and Dx9. It was like going from blind as a bat vision to 20/20 vision. :nod:

Thanks!

I don't think so, the settings are:
    Low
    Normal

So you would think there is a 3rd option for "High", otherwise, Normal would be High.

Comment

The settings in the demo were also determined by your video card. If your card wasn't able to handle the higher settings, you wouldn't see them in the options.

Word seems to be that it will be DX9 straight up - no option to switch down to an earlier version. This is a good thing - although people with lower-end PC's found it easier to run in DX7, it also unfortunately gave people an advantage by changing some of the visual fx (ie. weather, fog, foliage, etc) to allow them to see things others didn't.

Comment

Wow, really? All I saw were low/normal options, but, I was able to max out stuff and use the highest settings on lighting and textures and run the game decently. So Whiskey, do you see the options of 'low' 'normal' and 'high' then in your gfx options for the game? I plan on doing a great upgrade soon, so I'd definitely be able to go higher with my settings.

I know what you're talking about with the somewhat not cheating, but using Dx7 to one's advantage. Same with other games, when there are less shadows, detail textures, detailed lighting, a lot of things become simpler in game and people can't hide as well, etc. Heck, sometimes I wanted to use Dx9 (I could run it, just not at the max fps I prefer), but then I remembered the advantages during gameplay when not using Dx9. CoD2 looks so pretty though in Dx9. :P lol!

Thanks for your responses sirs.

Comment

I see like High in the texture settings, but I am generally too scared to set it to this level on like 1440x900, but I do so on 1280x780.

I use an X700 ATi mobility radeon.

Comment

The texture ones goto Extra for me but others only to Normal. Below is the highest I can set it at:

Number of Dynamic Lights: Normal
            Model Detail: Normal
            Water Detail: Normal

Texture Resolution: Extra
            Normal Map Resolution: Extra
            Specular Map Resolution: Extra

That's on a:-
            e2180 @3.2ghz
            2gb DDR
            8800GTS

So it shouldn't scale for me, I hope, in the full game, I can get "High" instead of "Normal" settings, seeing how amazing it looks on the Demo I can't wait to see what it looks like if on High.

Comment

Yeah...Whiskey, do you see the option for higher settings besides what Mutley put up? I have the same options as he does.

My main hardware components are:
              AMD X2 4400+ 2.2ghz
              ASUS A8N SLi-Deluxe
              7800gtx 512mb
              2gb RAM

I ran the demo completely on max at 1280x1024 and got about 40fps avg. Not bad, shaky in some parts, but yep. It will run great after my pc upgrade if I end up getting one.

Comment

Hey JoMa,

I don't have the demo currently installed anymore to look on my own, but my card is only an X1950XT, so I wasn't able to put everything on the highest settings.

I should have clarified, however, that my comments were based on what I read from what others had posted. Some seemed to say they were able to see some higher settings with uber-graphics cards. But I've gone searching and looking over a bunch of these comments again, and even some people with 8800-series cards have only been able to access "normal" settings on some options.

So, what I wrote may have been in error, and some of those settings may indeed have been limited by IW for the demo.

Comment

This is the best I can get with an 8800GTS 640MB and 2GB of RAM.

Comment

Working...
                  X