Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for CodTV

Originally posted by mackeydesigns
    In order to compete with the top competitive games there is a need for fans to be able to watch matches. CodTV was a highly successful mod made by Garetjax for Call of Duty.

I know it's not the best way, but it's a way of gathering names for people that want CodTV so it just doesn't sound like it's a small group of people.

Please pass this link on and hopefully FourZeroTwo will manage to convince his dev's to put in the first patch.

Thanks for reading.
    Seems theres a petition floating around in the cod community to get the devs to release a TV spectator mod that will allow players to watch games happening without disturbing the players. Sounds like a fun and great thing and would help fellow competitors spectate on big matches. Let the dev's know what you think. Im from the BF community and dont have experiance with codTV, EA teased us with BFlive and never delivered.

Fourzerotwo (IW's community rep) has already stated that they want to do CODTV and are still planning to, but that they couldn't get it in for release.

There's no need for a petition (most of which are ridiculous anyway). IW have already spoken with people from the competitive side of COD, and they know how important it is.

This "Mackey" guy just suddenly showed up on IW.com and started on with this. Sounds like another attention seeker from CharlieOscarDelta stirring things up on those boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey
      Fourzerotwo (IW's community rep) has already stated that they want to do CODTV and are still planning to, but that they couldn't get it in for release.

There's no need for a petition (most of which are ridiculous anyway). IW have already spoken with people from the competitive side of COD, and they know how important it is.

This "Mackey" guy just suddenly showed up on IW.com and started on with this. Sounds like another attention seeker from CharlieOscarDelta stirring things up on those boards.
      I couldn't agree more.

Comment

Like I stated above EA praised and promised thier BF Live and never delivered. I have been trolling the Cal cod forum and trying to get up to date with thier community. Seems IW hasnt always delivered aswell. Cal gamers have mentions a falling off with cod2 and cod:united. The petition isnt a bad idea. Just gets the gamers together to reinforces thier thoughts and support for codTV. I dont see it as a negative thing.

Comment

I honestly don't think a petition will do anything.

But I do hope they follow through, unlike EA.

Comment

Are you sure having CoDTV wouldnt disturb the players, with lag or any other issues?

Comment

Originally posted by Covert_Fox View Post
              Are you sure having CoDTV wouldnt disturb the players, with lag or any other issues?
              i assume they are going to be players in the match, much like the spectator system from CSS. but if they aren't moving around without any players having to interact with the spectators, then lag shouldn't be a problem unless they are on the other side of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashlite
                i assume they are going to be players in the match, much like the spectator system from CSS. but if they aren't moving around without any players having to interact with the spectators, then lag shouldn't be a problem unless they are on the other side of the world.
                They could be on the otehr side of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by prophet_
                  Make CoDTV just like ETTV - cod1, cod2, rtcw & rtcw:et all use the same game engine (q3):

(taken from the description of ETTV)

CoDTV will allow you to connect up to a special server using your PC, and view a game in progress much like a spectator would. But it's more powerful than any normal spectator function - CoDTV allows you all the features of a shoutcaster - being able to see the names of players over their heads, seeing a dynamite timer over the dynamite, etc. You can even watch spectators on the server, such as 'cameramen', people that ensure you get the best overview shots of battles, the best 1st person views during 1 on 1's, and those crucial views surrounding pushes, bomb defuses and defenses.

Because you're using CoDTV rather than just spectating the game, the master server can relay the broadcast of the game to other slave servers - meaning 100's or even 1000's of us can watch world-class teams battling without lagging them out by crowding their server.

^ that = win

ETTV really was amazing.

ETTV Wiki
                  :yay:

Comment

I know alot of new people picked the game up just wish to inform them about codTV.

Comment

This is kinda off topic, but since the petition is useless anyway...

Is there a way to automatically continue speccing someone after they die? It can be a pain to click through 40 players to find the person again every time they die.

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
                        This is kinda off topic, but since the petition is useless anyway...

Is there a way to automatically continue speccing someone after they die? It can be a pain to click through 40 players to find the person again every time they die.
                        Donno.

Man i really want them to put this in, I had no idea this sort of thing was being thought of. I mean I came from BF2 and BF2142, with nothing really to spectate...so this sounds like a great idea. And the petition..is just another thing for some idiot to get attention...

Comment

This would be another great addition to the game...

I swear, if everyone just copied off of Valve's ingame menus, server browser, and ... everything else other than the game, then every game would 100% better.

Comment

iPetitions.com eh? I hate when things put "i" in front of their name to copy Apple and jump on the trend, and I generally find companies that do so to be untrustworthy and fishy... besides, what's a bunch of people saying "give it now!" going to do? It's not like some website that bunch of people clicked on has any legal value to force IW to do anything...

The whole petition idea sounds very immature.

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
                              This would be another great addition to the game...

I swear, if everyone just copied off of Valve's ingame menus, server browser, and ... everything else other than the game, then every game would 100% better.
                              I agree.

Comment

Working...
                              X