Completely new modder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely new modder

I have had BF2 for some time now and I have tried to mod it several times with no success. I have searched around but EA's tutorials do not tell you the very basics. I need to know how to:

1) how to mod a weapon (ie AK fire rate doubled)
    2) get bf2 to play using the modded weapon

I want this to be a mod that will only take effect when it is activated in the community section.

First you need the BF2 Editor V.3.7 and open it and create new mod, then go to the mod drop down list and package current mod, then exit.

Now open mods/bf2/object_server/weapons/handheld and drag RURIF_AK47 to your desktop and clear read only attributes to all files in that folder. Now open the rurif_ak47.tweak file (Notepad will work) and look for this:

rem ---BeginComp:SingleFireComp ---
    ObjectTemplate.createComponent SingleFireComp
    ObjectTemplate.fire.addFireRate 2
    ObjectTemplate.fire.addFireRate 0
    ObjectTemplate.fire.fireInCameraDof 1
    rem ---EndComp ---

Now add this above the firerates:

ObjectTemplate.fire.roundsPerMinute 999
    (I have no idea what the default is)

999 is as high as the game will allow.
    addFireRate 0 = single shot
    addFireRate 1 = three shot burst
    addFireRate 2 = fully auto

As far as the kits go, they are pretty much self explanitory if you have any common sense.

Now create a Weapons folder and open it and create a Handheld folder and open it and place your rurif_ak47 folder in the Handheld folder, then close. Now open mods/your new mod/object_server and drag your newly created Weapons folder here. (File structure is important)

Now copy your levels into your new mod and test it out!!!

P.S. You dont have to go into your community to start your mod, just copy one of your bf2 shortcuts, right click, choose properties and add this to target:
    "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/YOUR NEW MOD +ignoreAsserts 1

Where it says YOUR NEW MOD in bold, type the name of your new mod here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GonnarMon View Post
      First you need the BF2 Editor V.3.7 and open it and create new mod, then go to the mod drop down list and package current mod, then exit.

Now open mods/bf2/object_server/weapons/handheld and drag RURIF_AK47 to your desktop and clear read only attributes to all files in that folder. Now open the rurif_ak47.tweak file (Notepad will work) and look for this:

rem ---BeginComp:SingleFireComp ---
      ObjectTemplate.createComponent SingleFireComp
      ObjectTemplate.fire.addFireRate 2
      ObjectTemplate.fire.addFireRate 0
      ObjectTemplate.fire.fireInCameraDof 1
      rem ---EndComp ---

Now add this above the firerates:

ObjectTemplate.fire.roundsPerMinute 999
      (I have no idea what the default is)

999 is as high as the game will allow.
      addFireRate 0 = single shot
      addFireRate 1 = three shot burst
      addFireRate 2 = fully auto

As far as the kits go, they are pretty much self explanitory if you have any common sense.

Now create a Weapons folder and open it and create a Handheld folder and open it and place your rurif_ak47 folder in the Handheld folder, then close. Now open mods/your new mod/object_server and drag your newly created Weapons folder here. (File structure is important)

Now copy your levels into your new mod and test it out!!!

P.S. You dont have to go into your community to start your mod, just copy one of your bf2 shortcuts, right click, choose properties and add this to target:
      "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/YOUR NEW MOD +ignoreAsserts 1

Where it says YOUR NEW MOD in bold, type the name of your new mod here!!!

about the firerate... i got my MP7 at 1100 RPM o.o so... hmms

Comment

Working...
      X