bf1942 remake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bf1942 remake?

The first real online team based fps i played was BF1942. I fell in love with it.

I miss BF1942. Things were better in those days .... Naval combat, aircraft you had to be skilled with to hit air and ground targets, flak instead of stupid heat seeking AA missiles, bombed out french villages ... the nostalgic epic ww2 atmosphere!

But the modern day did bring some good new inventions... squadplay, VOIP, points for us hard done by medics ,and the sprint function.

Is there any mod out there that is being worked on that uses the bf2 engine to create a new bigger and better 1942? One with all the best features of bf2 but with the original goodness of 1942?

I know about forgotten hope, but this is isnt what im after, i dont want total realism. I want a fun 1942 feeling again - but enhanced by a modern engine!

Re: bf1942 remake?

Forgotten Hope 2 is where it is at now...

Comment

XWW2,FH2,BGF and other mods are working on ww2

Comment

I'm waiting especially for FH2, for me it looks like the best ww2 mod for bf2. The good thing is, if you like brits in africa, fh2 is your game, if you ike the eastern front bgf is what you're looking for.

Comment

As far as I know, each one of the WW2 mods are aiming for realism. So there really isn't going be such thing as "Battlefield 1942 on Battlefield 2 engine".

I still would encourage you to at least try both BGF and FH2, nothing more fun than seeing the weapons act like they should, being really there etc., unlike 95% of the games today . Furthermore, I don't think they are going for "total" realism, but for an approach between fun and realism.

Comment

Thanks for the input.Guess it sounds like FH2 then.

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
              Forgotten Hope 2 is where it is at now...
              Expect a release late 2009

Comment

Originally posted by troybob
                Expect a release late 2009
                I don't see myself complaining

Comment

Originally posted by spikeyperson View Post
                  Is there any mod out there that is being worked on that uses the bf2 engine to create a new bigger and better 1942? One with all the best features of bf2 but with the original goodness of 1942?

I know about forgotten hope, but this is isnt what im after, i dont want total realism. I want a fun 1942 feeling again - but enhanced by a modern engine!
                  You'll be able to try out BGF later this month. We have made faithful conversions of Kursk and Kharkov so you should feel at home.

Comment

Working...
                  X