Disabling Intro Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Intro Movie

Just wondering how its done, i remember a while ago there was a thread somewhere that explained how to do it, just cant find it....any help would be appreciated

Interloper

Re: Disabling Intro Movie

go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2 or where ever your game is installed and delete the movies folder

Comment

or add -restart to the command line for the launch exe

Comment

I just press esc when it starts to load...why would you remove it? Does it matter that much?

Comment

Originally posted by curt_nav_as View Post
          I just press esc when it starts to load...why would you remove it? Does it matter that much?
          I got my shortcut programmed to go right into my account and if we both hit the bf2 shortcut at the same time.....before you can even hit "esc" to stop the movies, Im in looking for a server

to do this add this line to your target of your BF2 shortcut

+restart +playerName your player name here +playerPassword your password here

your player name and password are case sensitive and must be typed exactly how you have them on the login screen

this also works for SF

Comment

Yeah that makes sense but it has never really been THAT big of an issue...but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Slinger View Post
              I got my shortcut programmed to go right into my account and if we both hit the bf2 shortcut at the same time.....before you can even hit "esc" to stop the movies, Im in looking for a server

to do this add this line to your target of your BF2 shortcut

+restart +playerName your player name here +playerPassword your password here

your player name and password are case sensitive and must be typed exactly how you have them on the login screen

this also works for SF
              I did this too God its annoying to hear the "EA, challenge everything!" everytime you start up BF2.

Comment

Hi there~!!!

I'm sorry, but i'm a noob, how exactly do you type it in??

"D:\Jacky\Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" this is my target..

Then should i write it like this? >>> 2\BF2.exe +restart +playerName your player name here +playerPassword your password here

"

like that??? do i need to space or put a period.. if i do it like it is above... it doesn't work..... T.T

How do i do it?

Comment

i think u mite have to put a 1 after restart so it looks like +restart 1. not sure but give it a try.

Comment

You can also go in your BF2 folder "Movies". You just need to change the file type, which is .bik
                    I just added another k so it is for example "intro.bikk" instead of "intro.bik"
                    That way you don't need to delete the files and you can still re-re-name them.

FipZ

Comment

Originally posted by ElFipso View Post
                      You can also go in your BF2 folder "Movies". You just need to change the file type, which is .bik
                      I just added another k so it is for example "intro.bikk" instead of "intro.bik"
                      That way you don't need to delete the files and you can still re-re-name them.

FipZ
                      Even easier than renaming each file, just rename the folder from movies to movies2.

Comment

^^ oo clutch..lol yeah that would prob be teh simplest way

Comment

Hi there...

For me i just cut and pasted it somewhere else...

Um.... +restart 1 doesn't work.....

Anybody knows how to do it exactly?

Comment

Working...
                          X