The heart of the matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The heart of the matter

Well got my Purple heart at long last. I say at long last as I been playing for while never saw the point of been dead 20 times with 5 kills, the strange thing was no one wanted to kill me I rush in pass them all ran back even stood by a lad (wish I could have knifed him) and about 20 seconds later he saw me. And all this happen on a 64 MP server. People are that busy miles away chucking nades and healing others even said shoot me to this new person he said no and ran away. So I chase him and found a claymore and ran pass it to get my 20 death.

Anyway, do you think that the purple heart is a waste of time?

I let down my side dying so many times just to gain a medal

If it has been talked about then I will say sorry or if the admin wants to close this topic no problem at all.

Re: The heart of the matter

the purple heart, i think shows pride, and how you arn't scared to show that you once sucked at bf2, but now your a lot better, but you won't forget your past.

Account With purple heart > Acc. without a purple heart.

Comment

I wish they were cumulative, I'd have like 6. Mostly get 'em for drunk flying.

Comment

Haha, I got a Purple Heart without even trying. I played online first so I can get the jist of how online players play. It just goes to show how bad I am. I've gotten better though.

Comment

I haven't ever got a purple heart. I've come close once or twice, but at around 2-12 I always start to make a comeback.

I don't see why anyone should be happy they've got it. It isn't really that hard to get more than 6 kills before you hit 20 deaths.

I'm quite happy not to have one of those on my account. And it's 2 years 2 months and 3 weeks 5 days old.

KBK

Comment

The purple heart was one of the first awards I got in BF2!!!!! Over 2 years ago. I didnt even know what it meant so I was extremely happy I got it. I was totally confused because I could have sworn I was sucking that round (and in actuality i was) but it was like that award turned my entire outlook on the round. I even started bragging to my clanmates that I got the "PURPLE HEART". Boy was I nieve!!! It was still good times though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayback
              I haven't ever got a purple heart. I've come close once or twice, but at around 2-12 I always start to make a comeback.

I don't see why anyone should be happy they've got it. It isn't really that hard to get more than 6 kills before you hit 20 deaths.

I'm quite happy not to have one of those on my account. And it's 2 years 2 months and 3 weeks 5 days old.

KBK
              Offtopic: I love your little "edit" message. It says "incorect maths" and you didn't use correct english. Kinda made me chuckle, sorry to point it out, but I just had to say it.

Comment

lmao...purple heart stat-padding.

Comment

Originally posted by RaG View Post
                  Offtopic: I love your little "edit" message. It says "incorect maths" and you didn't use correct english. Kinda made me chuckle, sorry to point it out, but I just had to say it.
                  Haha. I didn't see that.

Thanks.

I'll leave it as it is though.

KBK

Comment

Originally posted by Chael View Post
                    I wish they were cumulative, I'd have like 6. Mostly get 'em for drunk flying.
                    Yeah. Drunk flying can get you alot of TKs... Especially when you steal a J10 and decide to have some fun "low flying" above the carrier.:shakehead: Got like 5 Tks in ine pass, cozi went in too low. And when i was heading back to the carrier to rearm my missiles (atleast i think thats why i went back) i forgot wich team i was on. So i figured out that since im in a J10 i must be on China. Bombs dropped... ALOT of TKs. And a nice autokick seconds later.

Comment

I got mine the first day, logged on for the first time and forget to change controls, spent about 20 minutes and 15 deaths figuring them out, got the 5 kills and alas 5 deaths Never had one since. Been close a couple of times. In fact i was close tonight, guy raping the carrier on Wake, no admins on and my favourite server, refused to leave and got killed 21 time with 9 kills at the end, worst round in ages. The guy raping the carrier got 99 kills and no deaths!!!!!! He was shooting us before we even seen the jet with the machine gun!!!! Me thinks something was amiss

Comment

I donĀ“t remember getting it myself, neither am I good....

But my friend has got it for me lots of times.

Comment

Un-frickin-believable ...padding for a Purple Heart ...omg, if that don't take the cake. I used to suck at Battlefield, and remember the frustration of wanting to give up. But even then, I knew the object was to NOT get one. hehehe ...everyone needs to have goals. Well done!

Comment

I love how you get the purple heart in BF2 for dieing, like wtf is up with that lol.

Comment

I've never sucked enough to get a purple heart... and I promised myself I wouldn't get one on purpose either.

I have yet to "deserve" one.

Comment

Working...
                              X