Help with custom signature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with custom signature

Can someone help me with creating a custom signature showing rank and stats?

Looking at my system specs, should I go to 4gb of Ram? Would it be overkill?

Re: Help with custom signature

wat OS do u have?

Comment

Originally posted by Binks527
      Can someone help me with creating a custom signature showing rank and stats?

Looking at my system specs, should I go to 4gb of Ram? Would it be overkill?
      DddddDangggggggggggggg

nice setup :nod:

Comment

Hey thanks for the response...OS is XP Pro..

Thanks JustMe..It was a fun build.....although its amazing how fast it is obsolete..

I obviously got it figured out..

Comment

if u have XP i think it wont recognize the 4th gig of ram so i wouldnt get it

Comment

Windows XP Professional and Windows Server 2003 Memory Support. The maximum amount of memory that can be supported on Windows XP Professional and Windows Server 2003 is also 4 GB. However, Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition supports 32 GB of physical RAM and Windows Server 2003, Datacenter Edition supports 64 GB of physical RAM using the PAE feature.

The virtual address space of processes and applications is still limited to 2 GB unless the /3GB switch is used in the Boot.ini file. When the physical RAM in the system exceeds 16 GB and the /3GB switch is used, the operating system will ignore the additional RAM until the /3GB switch is removed. This is because of the increased size of the kernel required to support more Page Table Entries. The assumption is made that the administrator would rather not lose the /3GB functionality silently and automatically; therefore, this requires the administrator to explicitly change this setting.

The /3GB switch allocates 3 GB of virtual address space to an application that uses IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE in the process header. This switch allows applications to address 1 GB of additional virtual address space above 2 GB.

Basically, XP Pro will recognize 4GB, but only use 2GB unless you use the /3GB switch in the boot.ini file. Even then, only some applications will actually use the RAM beyond 2GB.
            If you want to be able to use 4GB, then a 64-bit OS would be needed.

Comment

Thanks guys... I guess upgrading from the 2 7900 gs's is my best bet for overall performance boost.....I was looking at the Fatal1ty 8800 gts...it has killer spec's...what do you think?

Really can't afford much beyond the $320 mark...

Comment

Originally posted by Binks527 View Post
                Thanks guys... I guess upgrading from the 2 7900 gs's is my best bet for overall performance boost.....I was looking at the Fatal1ty 8800 gts...it has killer spec's...what do you think?

Really can't afford much beyond the $320 mark...
                8800 gts, is one bad dude, make sure you have enough PSU to handle it

Comment

Working...
                X